PDA

View Full Version : I drove by myself

thevoicewithinme
21-08-08, 15:41
For those of you who know me, you will know that I have been agoraphobic since February of this year, and also that I cannot go out on my own or even off the Estate.

Three weeks ago, my boyfriend brought me a new car (A Shogun) as he knew that I like them and also hoping that having one would encourage me to go out etc.....he also booked us four days away over the Bank Holiday weekend.

Since having my new car, every evening (when he gets in from work) I have driven around the estate and sometimes managed to get out on the main road with my boyfriend in the car with me.

Today however, I managed to drive to the shop on my own (boyfriend followed in his car). Yes I was shaking like a leaf and absolutely terrified when I got there, and yes again I did want to turn around and go back home...but I didn't ... I stuck it out!!

I know its not much, but I did it and each day from now on..my boyfriend is going to follow me, until my confidence grows.

The downside is though, that both my boyfriend and myself know that I am not up to going away this weekend, and his fear is ...that if I have a major panic attack on the journey..that it might set me back...so he has cancelled the weekend away...but there is always next year.

To think that just over three weeks ago I couldn't do any of the above, I am pretty pleased with myself.

Kaz

lilly-lou
21-08-08, 16:21
Hi Kaz,

A big well done to you, I can remember how difficult it was to get behind the wheel and drive by myself and I too didn't give up, I am so made up for you, you keep going gal and I bet it won't be long before you can manage a trip away.

I bet you are feeling pretty good about yourself.

Hugs:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

lilly-lou

sandramick
21-08-08, 18:56
well done kaz . really chuffed for u . if u have bad days dont let them set u back again just think tomorrow another
day . slowly but shorely u will do it :yesyes:

sandra xx

celeste
21-08-08, 19:04
Well done! :yesyes: :yesyes:

london
21-08-08, 19:12
you did so good well done

Stressed92
21-08-08, 19:26
Well Done:D
Hope You Have Loads More Longer drives In The Future:yesyes:
x

honeybee3939
21-08-08, 19:30
WELL DONE Kaz!:yesyes:

Sounds like all your hard work is paying for you hun !

Real pleased for you and lovely to read of your success.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

lorac
21-08-08, 19:48
Hi Kaz

Never mind the week end away as you say there is always next year for that. You are doing so well at the moment and I think you have done the right thing by just concentrating on what you are trying to achieve now. I know how scared I was driving again after so long so I really admire you driving on your own, I haven't tried without anyone sitting with me yet. Well done I hope things keep improving for you.

Carol

milly jones
21-08-08, 20:18
kaz

how wonderful

so pleased for u

well done

milly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Granny Primark
21-08-08, 20:21
kaz im so pleased for you.:hugs:
You just take things at your own pace.
Im sure that you will go on holiday.
I look forward to reading your success story about the hol youve been on. Im sure it will happen and very soon.:D

diane07
21-08-08, 20:23
Aww kaz,

You did really good hun, just keep on doing it, little steps, every day, you know it can be done.

Well done you

di xx

bab
21-08-08, 21:51
Kaz thats amazing xxx