PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Cleo
21-08-08, 18:45
Hello I'm new to nmp but unfortunately not to anxiety! I've always been an anxious person but only in some situations. Then due to overworking I had series of huge panic attacks 2 years a go. Ironically I was overworking beacuse I was trying to study psychology full time at the same time as working full time. Luckily I could identify my symptoms quickly and by the end of that horrible week had got myself a self-help CD with CBT and Hypnosis. I started exercising regularly and eating better. For me DP/DR would start off a cycle of anxiety of the 'I think I'm going crazy variety'. I have only had one panic attack as bad since but may be about ten or twenty instances of lesser ones. Unfortunately it has really affected my confidence in social situations. I am slowly building it back up making a real effort to go out with friends more, but I still get very nervous about going on holiday and going to new places which I think might be enclosed or hot. I also can get major anxiety from being close to or near to knives. I associate being mentally or physically out of control with violence so even a piece of cutlery can start me off. This then starts of racing thoughts of violent images sometimes involving the person I'm talking to! Feeling more nuts than ever I started writing a journal it has helped but I needed some more help so I went online again to research what these symptoms could mean and found your website. Joy! There appears to be people out there who are similar and even someone who has a similar thing with knives. It is such a relief that its asymptomatic of GAD. Already I'm more chilled out. Peace and love guys x

marie1974
21-08-08, 18:59
hello and welcome to nmp, you will find lots of great advice and support here and make new friends too. hug xx

lorac
21-08-08, 19:49
Hello Cleo

Welcome to the site I am sure you wil find lots of support and good advice on here.

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
21-08-08, 20:40
Hi Cleo

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

milly jones
21-08-08, 21:43
a warm and wonderful nmp welcome to u

love milly xxxxx