PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum...not new to anxiety :(

CrossingTheWater
22-08-08, 03:17
Hi everyone,

I'm 16 years old and I, like everyone here, have lots of different problems. I've sort of 'moved' from another forum - it was for self-injury and depression, but as I've stopped self-harming and my overall mood has improved, I've decided to come here instead!

Basically, I've had anxiety since I was around 6...it suddenly got worse when I was 14 and I have missed my GCSEs this year because of it. I see a psychologist who is understanding and helpful, but I'm still struggling a bit. I have symptoms of all of anxiety disorders, but I have always had severe health anxiety and that is my main problem. I also have panic attacks, I find it difficult to leave the house, I have social anxiety, O.C.D traits and general anxiety. I have a fear of dogs and a strong fear of being sick. Oh, and I'm going to re-start the GCSE course in September.

Hi :)

kendo59
22-08-08, 03:22
Have your parents looked into getting you some home schooling, to help with your GCSE preparation?

CrossingTheWater
22-08-08, 04:03
Yes they have. Because I have panic attacks when I go outside, I'm doing 2 subjects via a correspondence course. :)

Graz
22-08-08, 12:17
Hi CrossingTheWater, I had exactly the same problem when I took my GCSEs, so I was able to take the exams in another small room away from everyone else, by myself, with an examiner. It gave me so much more confidence than being in a huge exam hall. Best of luck.

lorac
22-08-08, 19:09
Hello crossingthewater

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get loads of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

milly jones
23-08-08, 21:44
hi hunny

welcome to the world of nmp

a super community with supportive members

love milly xxx

pooh
23-08-08, 22:32
Hi And welcome along to NMP

I know you will get loads of support here on the site

Pooh x

Southern_Belle
24-08-08, 18:13
Hi,

Welcome to the site. Well done for no more self harming!!! :) Also, glad to hear you are also going to continue with your studies. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. So glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
25-08-08, 20:41
Hi (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34460&page=5)

:welcome: aboard and lovely to se you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Lindalou64
26-08-08, 20:58
Hello And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well, Linda