PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else can?

Gryphoenix
23-08-08, 03:05
Well, I found myself running out of a staircase today...

I felt so bad for not making it up to the fourth floor. I had worked myself into such a state because I'd drank a tiny bit of coke and was afraid the caffinne would mess with my heart rate and by the time I got to the staircase my heart was already jackhammering away and I got up two flights, and found myself in a tight, claustrophobic area with my heart already pumping away at who knows how many gazillion miles per hour. I could feel it starting to get ready to palpitate (the fast buzzy heart rate not the ectopics) and I was like--how can I make it up more flights if I'm already maxing my heart rate out? This freaked me out and I didn't have to go up there after all so I didn't.

I looked at all the people living up there and walking up the steps and I just got sad for a moment...that I couldn't do the same things they could do. That I couldn't go where I wanted to. That they could go up there and I couldn't.

(I think this bothered me because one time when I was little I went to one of those Discovery Zone fun places where there's this big indoor jungle gym and I couldn't get up the big long slope pyramid thing and I made all the kids behind me impatient and mad. The attendant lady had to help me up cause I just couldn't climb it no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't strong enough.)

Am I really that unfit? I've been exercising pretty nicely as of late and I know I could have done it if I haven't worked myself into a state. Now it's going to be hanging over me...>__<

Anyway I just wanted to have a moan...it's been a long day.:wacko:

carly123
23-08-08, 03:25
I had worked myself into such a state because I'd drank a tiny bit of coke and was afraid the caffinne would mess with my heart rate and by the time I got to the staircase my heart was already jackhammering away and I got up two flights, and found myself in a tight, claustrophobic area with my heart already pumping away at who knows how many gazillion miles per hour.
You're panicking bout havin a heart attack. It's one of those things that's technically possible but highly unlikely to happen. Very easily said, even harder to convince yourself when your in the grip of anxiety.
But funnily enough for a lot of people this is how you eventually learn to control it - by keep reasoning with yourself, forcing realistic thoughts above the scary outcomes.
It might help you to get some fitness training but at the end of the day you need to tackle the root cause of your worries.xx