PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Threepointonefour314
23-08-08, 03:48
I've been getting semi-frequent panic attacks for about 3 years now, so I'm still kinda/sorta new to this.

Here's the background info on the situation:

My girlfriend, Noelle, and I are both in band, and we just spent a week at band camp. Her two best friends, Matt and Rebecca (who happen to be siblings), were there as well. Throughout the week, Noelle was spending a lot of time with them, and normally that wouldn't bother me, but she wasn't even talking to me. She was pretty much ignoring me, and it made me really jealous of Matt and Rebecca. I talked to Noelle about it and told her the problem, and she said she was sorry, but there was no change.

So at Thursday's marching practice, Rebecca (who I think is a lesbian-in-hiding, by the way) was all over Noelle. I got so angry, and then had a panic attack. I wasn't stressed out over anything and I certainly wasn't panicking. I was just mad, and that threw me into a full-blown panic attack, ending with me passing out.

That has never happened to me before. Is that normal?

Anxious_gal
23-08-08, 05:17
woah I'd be mad too! some (maybe into girls) girl all over your woman! that is so disrespectful to you.
well all that stress plus anger= a panic attack! i have gotten so angry that I gave my self bad heart palpitations and a panic attack.
you really need to talk to your girlfriend about this, tell her how all this makes YOU feel, try to do it in a way so it doesn't seem like your attacking her otherwise she will get all defensive.
is it normal to get a panic attack from being mad n stressed, yes! also i think you may have been upset and withheld emotions can come out as a panic attack.

Tweek
23-08-08, 10:53
How old are you ?
Sounds like your a teenager to me mate. Band camp was a clue...:doh:

Anyway, if I was you I'd see if you could get this "lesbian" and your girlfriend to explore their sexuality with you. Could be fun!

You're life is like American π (pi) be happy! lol

Threepointonefour314
24-08-08, 05:11
Haha, just to clue you guys in (in case you didn't guess or assume), I'm female. :-P

I've definitely confronted Noelle with the situation, and I was sure to make it a calm confrontation. I try to avoid conflict as much as possible, and I'm usually not one to pick a fight. Anyways, I talked to her, and she apologized, but there's been no change.

And I'm 17.
Band camp is nothing like American Pi. It's 90% hard, exhausting work, 5% crappy food, and 5% free time. Contrary to what the American Pi movies have made people think, the people at band camp usually come in relationships and leave single. There's no hooking up, it's all breaking up.

:-)

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not going crazy.