PDA

View Full Version : Hello every one, I am new to this site, but an old friend to depression

z0011
23-08-08, 19:57
Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I have been suffering with Crohn’s disease, for over 20 years now, which is a bowel condition, which can be painful, embarrassing, it causes weight loss. I have had many operations on my bowl due to it becoming too narrow so I become very sick. I also suffer with depression and anxiety attacks and feel very tired, all the time. I worry about my illness especially about being admitted to hospital life feels like a big effort for me to get through.

I have missed out on about 20 years of my life so far, due to not able to get out much and meet people. I have messed up my degree due to being sick and suffering from anxiety about failing my exams and unable to cope with the demands of the course, to the extent that I have tried to take my own life twice. I lost my Mother last year, and she was the only person who cared about me and understood what I was going through. Now I am alone and worried about becoming ill when there is no one to help me. It would be good for me to talk about my feeling and thoughts and maybe by able to express myself, I might be able to cope with life. It’s been good joining this site where I am not alone with my illness, and I hope I can be inspired by fellow nmp members. :)

milly jones
23-08-08, 21:39
hi hunny

welcome to the world of nmp

a super community with supportive members

love milly xxx

pooh
23-08-08, 22:12
Hi zoo and welcome along to NMP

nice to have you on board

Pooh xx

lorac
23-08-08, 22:19
Hi Zoo

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet lots of nice people on here who will offer you some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

Southern_Belle
24-08-08, 18:08
Hi,

Welcome to the site. I'd like to offer my condolences on the loss of your Mother. Physical illness and anxiety and/or depression is a double whammy. You have been through quite a lot and if you haven't been through counseling I would suggest doing so. You might also want to consider meds for depression on a short time basis. I deal with physical pain every day along with anxiety so I understand how difficult things can get some days, saying that, life is precious and your Mom would want you to stay around and live it out. I'm glad you found us and we will always be here to support you.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
25-08-08, 20:42
Hi (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34460&page=5) Zoo

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Lindalou64
26-08-08, 20:57
Hello Zoo And Welcome To The Site , I Wish Ya Well, Linda