PDA

View Full Version : question!

Caitlyn511
14-05-05, 19:16
does anyone here suffer from emetophobia (a fear of vomiting) ?

~!~Caitlyn~!~

nomorepanic
14-05-05, 19:18
Caitlyn

Yes there are quite a few sufferers on here. The easiest way to find them is using the search facility at the top of the screen (under The Rabble). Just put in emetophobia and you will find all the posts.

Nicola

florence
14-05-05, 20:19
Hi

Yeah I ve heard of it several times, a few people here have this phobia.
Take care.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Meg
15-05-05, 00:35
EXPOSURE THERAPY... (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2712)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Incii
15-05-05, 23:49
Hiya
I have this phobia, and (oh god please don't let this jinx me) i haven't been sick in many many years not even during pregnancy.
It is a dreaful phobia to suffer it has ruled my life for 15 years i have no idea where it started.
It might help to know that i have had alot of therapy seen alot of docs/therapists, and more recently the practice nurse at my doctors who had a few words of comfort, she told me it isn't that easy to catch a bug if you try to stay away from the vomit itself, ie if someone is sick then try to avoid cleaning it, the germs are only in the sick, so if you can avoid cleaning it chances are you wont pick up the germ, the spores from it can only survive a matter of mins in the imidiate space around it after that they evaporate and die off.........if bugs passed on that easy doctors nurses teachers etc would never be able to work, as she said she worked in a hospital for 21 years and never picked up a stomache bug ( not sure i belived that bit but still) she meant well, and another bit of info that might make you feel slightly better, if people are sick from drink/food/water....as long as you havent had the same you wont catch it, that sort of sickness is not contagious, and i have leaned over the years that "i've been sick" is the oldest trick in the book for a day off work/uni/school.
Be happy
Sharon xxxxx