PDA

View Full Version : Positive experiences using citalopram

robert08
25-08-08, 00:04
Hi there, im considering taking the citalopram prescribed to me by my gp for anxiety. Can people who are on it or that have used it and found it helpful please post? I read so many negative posts on here about citalopram. I know they may not work for everyone so please only those who have found citalopram uselful please let me know how you are getting on.
Thanks
Robert

laila
25-08-08, 00:19
Hi Robert,
I have been suffering with panic attacks for 4 months now and very bad tension headaches.... 6 days ago my doc put me on 10mg citalopram,the first 2 days of bein on them i felt like crap to be honest.....made me more anxious and felt sick. But now 6 days of takin them i am startin to notice a diffrence in my self. My tension headaches have eased so much its great!!!!! Dont feel so anxious anymore....and slowly startin to feel like my old self! Hopefully few more weeks i will feel great. So glad i carried on takin them..as was goin to stop because of my PA'S. But someone also told me to hang in there and give them a chance....so thats what i did and very glad i did. So give them a go remember first few days can be rough.
There is hope for us all.
Keep us updated!!
Take care :0)

nomorepanic
25-08-08, 00:44
If you scroll down to the bottom there are positive posts about it under "similar threads"

Hope that helps.

LucyR
25-08-08, 02:14
Hello, Yes, after being on this medication for 8 weeks, I definitely feel less anxious and agitated.

crimson
27-08-08, 19:29
Hi Robert08 I've been on citalopram for a few months now. My dose has been upped to 60 ten days ago. It has changed me so much. I can go out without being sick, shakey, headache etc. Feel a bit more tired since dose increase but i'm sure that will sort itself out. Its given me freedom to be me. Its lovely.