PDA

View Full Version : my heart .. is this normal ?

so jems like
25-08-08, 04:26
So at first, when my heart beat really fast, i was afraid i would get a heart attack or something. But now, my heart beat is slower and i feel like sometimes it skips a beat. & because i am short of breath, i worry more. I ask myself questions like what if my heart suddenly stops? Is this normal? Is this just a symptom? It's kind of silly because when i used to feel my heartbeat and when it was fast i was afraid it was beating too fast .. now that i can't hear it & now that i tend to feel my heart beat and realize that its slower (not like extremely slow) i'm afraid that it's going to stop.
Do i have nothing to worry about?

:doh: i hate feeling like this .. i tell myself that i shouldn't worry, but i can't help it sometimes ..

xxlisaxx08
25-08-08, 05:43
To me the skipping a heartbeat sounds like palpitations, which are really common in panic attacks. You are extremely sensitive to all changes in your body so when you think you can't breathe your anxiety increases and cause more symptoms i.e. the palpitations and it goes in this cycle and keeps the anxiety going.

I worry about my heart all the time although it has been less lately :yesyes: but the worry is still there. If only we could stop it

Lisa x