PDA

View Full Version : waking up with dizzies...HELP!

Meewah
25-08-08, 08:25
Hi

I have been experiiencing dizzies, like I am on a boat, on and off for 2 years now. This morning or should I say 3 am ish I woke and immediately felt like I was on a boat. I was lying down and when I got up it still continued. I am worrying that this is the first time I have had this when just woke in the middle of the night. I have been sleeping well lately but do have to get up quickly once awake or my mind will start "bothering me". I am concerned that the last 2 years have been warning signs of some impending illness and now it is developing futher...a stroke perhaps or even a tumor.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mee

Piglet
25-08-08, 15:57
I'm familiar with this one - I have patches of it too and indeed have had it the last couple of months.

Try and unclench that jaw cos that helps me abit!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

mothermac
26-08-08, 01:39
I also have had this and unfortunately googled my symptoms like a maniac.It did sound like postional vertigo and I mentioned it to the gp but he didn't think it was anything serious.Mine is worse when I lay down or put my head back.Do you suffer from blood pressure?I do so it could be that he said.I do get mine when I wake up suddenly as like you I have to get up quick sometimes or I tend to panic.If it is bothering you have a chat with your doc to ease your mind.

debera
26-08-08, 01:54
yes i get this on and off too. i also went to the doctor about it and he didnt seem concerned at all. its very scarey though. i know how you feel
debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: