PDA

View Full Version : New here too: panic attacks and overall anxiety

PhoebeE
25-08-08, 13:08
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and want to introduce myself. I've been suffering from anxiety and stress all of my life. When I was a child, I was mainly anxious of losing my parents and/ or friends. I had social phobia and dog phobia. When I got older I got afraid of many little things (generalized anxiety) and a few years ago started to have panic attacks. I tried Effexor a few years ago for 6 months, but it didn't make me feel different and I quit taking it. I've been to several psychologists over the last 10 years, but it hasn't helped me that much either. I have been able to work, but have also been unemployed for some years due to fatigue. Now I only work 3 of the 4 days I'm supposed to work.

Now I'm looking for support, tips and more, and hope to find some here. I would also love to learn about how you deal with the fatigue that anxiety and panic bring and whether you're able to work. I guess I'd better search and post about that in another thread when I feel like it.

Best wishes to all,
Phoebe

dreamcatcher
25-08-08, 13:26
Hi! Phoebe
Have had similar problems to you.
Have become isolated without any friends which has led me to here.
take care

Tony

feels_like_home
25-08-08, 13:35
Hi Phoebe,
I get really tired from all the panic and anxiety. I don't sleep well which makes it worse. There are some days I am just barely getting through the day. I am a teacher and find that I am struggling through most days when I am not coping well with my anxiety. You are not alone. Take care.
Michelle

PhoebeE
25-08-08, 15:29
Thanks Tony and Michelle!

I've become isolated as well, I have a few friends. They live far from me though. It's hard. I'd love to be able to stop by someone, when I feel like it and have a friend to share things with, to walk with or to go to the shops with me. It's easier when I'm not alone.

Michelle, that sounds tough as well. I sleep well (over 9 hours if I get the chance), but I'm still tired. Getting a headache is the first sign that I've gone too far. Headaches keep me from being able to do my work. I take a break in a very small park and sit under a tree when I have a headache. I go home when it's too much, but I guess that's much harder when you're a teacher?

Wishing you both the best! :flowers: See you around at the forums!

pooh
25-08-08, 18:44
Hi And welcome along to NMP

Pooh xx

nomorepanic
25-08-08, 20:20
Hi Phoebe

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

PhoebeE
25-08-08, 20:41
Thanks for your welcoming words, Pooh and Nicola!

Lindalou64
26-08-08, 20:59
Hellp Phoebe And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

lorac
26-08-08, 21:24
Hello Phoebe

Welcome to the site, I am sure you will find alot of support on here

Take care

Carol

PhoebeE
27-08-08, 11:24
Thanks, Linda and Carol! Nice to meet you.

Beckster26
27-08-08, 11:43
Hiya PhebeE

Welcome to NMP I am sure you will get lots of good tips and lots of support

nice to meet you

Becky

PhoebeE
27-08-08, 16:34
Hi Becky, nice to meet you too! :)

Pretty kittay
01-07-16, 16:26
Hi phoebe,

I know how you feel. You will get through this there are a lot of good coping skills you can do meds are good but at the same time they mask the symptoms. You need to find what's causing your anxiety and you will pull through