PDA

View Full Version : Weight worry

phil06
25-08-08, 13:30
Since I started my new job i have lost a few pounds which has made me worry as I am already fairly slim. Lats night I had to walk about and run alot in my work and I feel all weak this morning. I even have a breakfast now I'm fine If I don't walk about as much.

Can anybody reassure me I will be ok? I'm worried I will pass out. :blush:

gtrgrl3369
25-08-08, 14:09
Losing weight will not cause you to pass out as long as you continue to eat properly and drink plenty of water. I have also lost alot of weight. Passing out is my biggest fear. It has never happened to me.Just remember to eat small meals through out the day and stay hydrayted. Losing weight is common with anxiety and panic because our bodies often feel as though we have run a daily marathon. Take care.

sunnydays
25-08-08, 14:24
Try not to worry too much about your weight. I too have lost over a stone in weight due to anxiety and I was already very slim beforhand. I know it's hard not to worry when your clothes hang on you and you feel weak but as long as you eat small meal on a regular basis then you'll come to no harm.

love
Sunny

phil06
25-08-08, 14:48
Thanks. I eat 3 meals a day and drink plenty of juice and water at work. I seem to lose the weight in periods when I work or don't have a meal. I then go back up a bit.

sunnydays
25-08-08, 15:08
Phil, anxiety takes it out of you. It raises your metabolism so you really need more food as it's like you're running a marathon every day. The trouble is, when your anxious it's not always easy to eat more as you don't feel like it due to nausea or a tight stomach caused by the anxiety. At least you're eating so try not to worry too much. You get all sorts of frightening symptoms with anxiety, I know as I get them myself and it's hard not to focus on them all the time.

love
Sunny

phil06
16-03-09, 23:28
I am posting again here as basically I have been working since the last post and recently switched to part time. I am just worried as my weight is going back to normal. When I worked full time I use to run and walk alot at my work and I'd be fairly under weight but since doing part time my weight is more just under/normal but I am worried of turning obese?

I mean during a weeks holiday from work my weight would go to normal again but obviously when I was back I'd lose it rapidly again. I just worry and fear I am obsessed with food as I still have as much breakfast as I do when I am not working.

My anxiety has been alot less since going part time, before when I was full time the work stress fulled the anxiety worse so I guess it's a positive now big worries are more little niggles.

I just wanted to post as it would probably worry me in weeks to come. I know it's an irrational worry but my anxiety can make me worry alot. I've done a few exercises in fear of turning obese. I think when my mind is on things it's worse like finding a new g.f is hard as I become fussy too.

Anybody else experienced this? I think part of it is a bit ocd finding perfection and a bit of anxiety worry. It's quite crazy with some parts of my anxiety as sometimes my HOCD says things and they become even more irrational now as my anxiety has dropped. Some physical symptoms have returned and gone as quick as they came as my mind knows its anxiety. I'd say the switch to working part time has dropped about 40% of my anxiety that I had just two/three weeks back. So I guess there is some positive...