PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

BabyJo
25-08-08, 22:46
Names Joanne, I'm 24, recently married living in Blackpool UK. I have only just been diagnosed with depression last week. This is the first time in my life I've ever had a mental illness and its very scary. The series of unlucky events started 2 years ago. I am a pretty strong person so the idea of me having depression felt silly and turned to cannabis to calm me down and dull some of the disturbing thoughts I was having. Stupid, naive me, didn't realize this drug was making me worse. I finally decided to go to the doctor when I started thinking about death and dying on a daily basis. This was last week. I have a real problem with anger and have no confidence so she prescribed me Oxazepan and Citalopram 10mg.

I stopped my cannabis use almost immediately after the visit to the doctor and took my first Cit pill on the Saturday just past and I am STILL feeling the side effects of one tablet and haven't took another since.

I'm glad I've found this forum as everyone seems to be very friendly and even just reading a few threads, I feel like I can get back to my old self and won't get sectioned, or get worse.

pooh
25-08-08, 23:38
Hi Jo

welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Alisonj
26-08-08, 02:56
Welcome, you will defintely find lots of great advice and support on here.

Lindalou64
26-08-08, 20:51
Hello Joanne And Welcome , Wish Ya Well, Linda

lorac
26-08-08, 21:06
Hi Joanne

Welcome to the site, we are a very friendly bunch on here and you will get lots of good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
28-08-08, 19:19
Hi Joanne

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice along the way.

milly jones
01-09-08, 22:20
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs:

kellie
02-09-08, 10:49
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.

mrsdebbie
02-09-08, 11:06
hi joanne :welcome: