PDA

View Full Version : Advice

loulou
15-05-05, 16:42
Hi all,

Mr paranoid is reering his ugly head AGAIN, I've been out in the garden today sunbathing and I've burnt my sef cause i'm quite fair my skin is very burnt and now i'm worried I have heat stroke i dont feel ill or anything just my skins a bit hot but i've put aftersun on and its cooled it down alot but i'm still panicking i done the stupid thing and looked on the internet and some of the sypmtoms are really scary like Hullicinatin and fainted (MY BIGGEST FEAR) do u think any of these things will happen to me? I'm really worried :0(

Lisa

florence
15-05-05, 16:51
Hi Lisa

I don't think anything will happen to you, I have had sunburns before, the only uncomfortable symptoms associated with this, were feeling really hot of course and lightheaded.
Drink loads of cold water, should help.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

seh1980
15-05-05, 16:52
hi Lisa,

Getting burnt won't make you faint or anything else. Just make sure that you rub lots of lotion into your skin and you will be fine..

Sarah :D

mumof4
15-05-05, 17:17
u will be okay i get burned all the time cause im so fair and im okay but i do tend to keep out the sun i dont like it.

Piglet
15-05-05, 17:18
Hi Loulou,

I agree with the others.

Can I recommend the most fab stuff to put on sunburn for anytime in the future you get a bit pink.

Aloe vera gel from the health food shop - the one I get is by Aloe Pura but I've also used the one that says Aloe99. It works immediately to cool the area down and then overnight is seems to reduce the pinkness totally and in my case turns it brown. My kids also have some success using it on their teenage spots.

I absolutely wouldn't be without a tube of this in the house during the summer and now none of my friends will either. I'm even moving off chemical sunscreens and I'm going to try their brand instead (they do a factor 8 as I still want to get a bit of colour).

Meanwhile perhaps a cool flannel on the hot bits and don't worry about it anymore.

Love Piglet[8D]

nomorepanic
15-05-05, 17:32
Take a cool shower and drink loads of cold water and you will be fine.

I do hope you used loads of high factor sun lotion as well?

Nicola

henri
15-05-05, 22:37
hi lisa,
don't worry, you will be fine - as everyone says, drink lots of water and apply lots of cream, to keep your body moisturised on the inside and out. i find that drinking peppermint tea also helps me cool down.
i'm sure you will feel much better tomorrow.
take care,
henri

sal
15-05-05, 22:43
Hi Lisa

It is the anxiety setting in again and i am sure you will be fine. It isnt nice getting sunburn and i would feel just like you do but you will be okay.

Like Nic says drink plenty of water and in future remember however slight the sun feels with you being fair skinned wear some sun protection.

I am sure tomorrow you will feel a lot better.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.