PDA

View Full Version : Lump in my throat

shelly438
26-08-08, 17:44
Guys I posted on here several weeks ago been having some major anxiety issues........Although the panick attacks have stopped I have this CONSTANT and i mean CONSTANT lump sensation/tightning in my throat!!!! I know they say anxiety can cause this but hey im not convinced..................

I have been taking Citroplam 20mg for three weeks they have stopped tha panic attacks so why am I still suffering with tthis whole thraot issue??? I have tried to ignore it, But when it gets heavey feels tight etc my mind starts wondering what if its this or that and so forth..........

This feeling dissapears when i eat which is confusing me and pple on here are saying that they choke and cant swallow this is NOT the case for me, Do you guys really think anxiety can cause this? I have had this symtom for almost three months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me Im begging for reassurance to know if anyone else has had this

cheekygirl
26-08-08, 18:26
This has happened to me and this is how I found this site.. I have been off my meds for 2 weeks and think its a side effect for me as well as being due on so my anxiety levels and hormones are a bit all over the place.

I have tightening and its fine when I sleep too..I have been trying to relax more- ( sleeping) and it feels less tight. I am on Cipralex.

Hope this helps a bit

shelly438
26-08-08, 21:25
Yeah Hi - The more people that reply the better!!!

Thanks for that hun, DR thought at first may be reflux but a month after taking medications to control acid made no difference......... Im so scared, DR has assured me that if I had something to worry about I would have dificulty eating would be vomiting etc etc Its almost as if i WANT something to be wrong with me!!!!!

I never thought I would go through this blo***y hell Its the same day in and day out.................. When i wake in the mornings I dont have the lump this appears after I have been up for like 5-10 minutes it also goes when i eat to come back like a minute of so after I have finished........How long does this last has anyone ever had it for like three month constant?

nomorepanic
26-08-08, 22:27
I have a few posts ongoing about this at the moment.

I have had mine non stop for 3 years now. It has only recently got so bad that I find eating hard.

I am being referred to a speech therapist for it as they can help apparently.

It is anxiety but is so so hard to forget.

Get a neck wrap that you heat in the microwave - helps me soothe the throat.

coffeemug30uk
27-08-08, 20:06
Hi there.

I have had a sensation of a lump in my throat on one side (always same side) for 6 weeks. It went away for 1 week in the middle but returned last week. It hurts when I swallow my saliva and is much better when I am eating or drinking.

I have seen an ENT doc who did an endoscopy which was normal and a CT scan of the neck which was normal as well. Medications have not helped. Losec (for acid) has not helped nor does ibuprofen.

I have alot of muscle tension on the left side of my neck but no lumps.

Reluctantly I have to accept that it is anxiety related. An ENT has looked down there and done tests that are clear.

Like yourself I wake up fine and then 10 minutes later I have this sensation worse with swallowing my saliva that something is stuck in the throat. It goes when I lie down or fall asleep.

Staying distracted helps. Sleep helps. Worry makes no difference.

Sorry- I am not being helpful. However, you are not alone. There are many other threads regarding this symptom which may be helpful to read. Just look back.