PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help going mad here

tracy1972
26-08-08, 18:02
i have been having a real bad time of anxiety at the moment not getting the panic so much manage to get through them but i am constantly fidgeting and cant breath properly i have got a tight chest and if i put my chin on my chest i get shooting pains in my left shoulder at the back and in the front can anyone advise i cant believe that anxiety can cause this many problems i feel very run down cant be bothered to do anything and very tired i am going to docs tomorrow early they wouldnt see m etoday but feel like a hypocondreact i think i spelt that right please help or advise :mad:

eternally optimistic
26-08-08, 18:29
Hi ya

I had the fidgeting thing going on last year when I got my worst.

Went onto citalopram and it settled it down.

Are you taking anything that might help, or have you seen your Doc.

J

tracy1972
26-08-08, 18:31
i was on citalopram then doc took me of and put me on something different and they didnt agree with me so he took me of them a month ago and put me back on citalopram and they r making me feel worse i dont remember any of these symptoms when i first started citalopram 8 yrs ago

eternally optimistic
26-08-08, 18:34
did they help last time, you might nearly be over the worst of it now.

try and hang in there with them.

tracy1972
26-08-08, 18:50
yes they helped last time but dont know this time not sure

Prof
28-08-08, 11:36
I understand, I managed to pay to see a private shrink (on waiting list till october) and talked... am having panic attacks, have left family, trying to start business.... everything not going well, doc put me on Diazapam... I asked shrink "Am I going mad?" he just asked if it would help.... I said no, he said "well don't do it then, find a better model to explain what is happening" So I decided that because I am going through such pressure at minute that I am reacting strangely, this is better than thinking I am going mad (Was shouting at no-one, crying, shaking even in public) just look for a model that fits... also just gone on Citalopram.. (Day 2) Marvellous, I have not fel this good for 9 years!