PDA

View Full Version : A-Z Phobia list

bottleblond
26-08-08, 19:45
Hi folks

After reading an earlier post regarding a lady who felt "stupid and frustrated" because she felt she had a phobia that may not be widely known to others, I started thinking about how many other people this also must effect.

I think every person in the entire world MUST have a fear of something- but when it effects our daily lives or we overly react to this fear, that's when it becomes a phobia. As most of us will know,when we become phobic about something, it is very difficult indeed to rationalise this fear and even more difficult to overcome.

People-such as the lady i mentioned before must indeed find it alot harder to talk about their phobia because they feel isolated with their fear, believing they are the only person who has it, when indeed there will be many more throughout the world.

Below is the link to a site i found but please please please, if your phobia is NOT listed then please don't think you are on your own, because the chances are-your not!!

http://phobialist.com/

I hope this phobia list i have posted will make alot of us feel less self concious about our fears.

Loads of love
Lisa
xxxxx

Anxious_gal
26-08-08, 20:46
hey thought i might as well post mine! :)

Achluophobia- Fear of darkness.
Acrophobia- Fear of heights./Altophobia- Fear of heights
Agoraphobia-
Asthenophobia- Fear of fainting or weakness
Autophobia- Fear of being alone or of oneself

(haha this made me laugh Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women:D )

Cleisiophobia- Fear of being locked in an enclosed place.

Demophobia- Fear of crowds
Gerascophobia- Fear of growing old
Isolophobia- Fear of solitude, being alone

Nosemaphobia- Fear of becoming ill (health anxiety)
Ochlophobia- Fear of crowds or mobs

(is that possiable! )Pantophobia- Fear of everything:scared15:

Pharmacophobia- Fear of taking medicine (side effects!)
Pteromerhanophobia- Fear of flying.
Scelerophibia- Fear of bad men, burglars
Scotomaphobia- Fear of blindness in visual field. (have probelms with eyesight already-)
Social Phobia- Fear of being evaluated negatively in social situations.

bottleblond
26-08-08, 20:51
yeah i recon you can have a fear of anything at all from a spoon to the great outdoors (my phobia)

xxx