PDA

View Full Version : Very Anxious

Forever Anxious
26-08-08, 22:38
Hello, I am new. I have been suffering from health anxiety all my life. I have had it all, throat problems, eyes......every part of my body has suffered. It travels to new locations, my problems. It never ends. It is awful. I always feel on the "brink of a terrifying disease". I am so happy to have this sight. I am relieved that there are others like me. Now, i get twitching over my lip. I imagine the worst, and research the Net. What I find is terrifying, and makes my symptoms worse.
I live in Canada, I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say. I hate living with this. i have young children, I focus so much on my symptoms, that I don't enjoy my kids the way I should.
Thank You for reading my post. Just writing this, I feel better...:)

fairyloveheart
26-08-08, 22:41
Hi there and welcome to NMP! There are lots of us on here suffering from health anxiety. I am a terrible googler and any health problem I have, I always think the worst. You will find some good friends here and be able to share your worries.
FLH

Forever Anxious
26-08-08, 22:42
Thank You:)

Sallysdream
26-08-08, 23:18
when I feel like "I have to google" I type in the symptoms followed by anxiety. Say for example "tingling face anxiety". I just assume first that all my symptoms are axiety related and they really are

Forever Anxious
26-08-08, 23:36
Thank You all for replying and sharing. I don't feel so alone anymore! i will try not to "google anymore"! It makes me worse! I am always waiting, waiting for the next symptom, do you all do that?:ohmy:

fairyloveheart
26-08-08, 23:44
yes, i have something in my head I think it is, look up the symptoms and then wait for the additional ones I have just read about to appear :( Mine usually starts with a real health issue to start with....

Sallysdream
26-08-08, 23:49
yes when I hear of an illness then I am likely to "feel" it

jannnne
27-08-08, 08:34
Oh poor you, I know how you feel, sometimes I can manage my anxiety but sometimes its is all consuming and I really struggle to cope with family life, I stop wanting to do and just shut down in a circle of panic. I have been in some terrible states before. Mine sometimes like now start with a real health issue and others its a mental thing. It does pass but it is hard I have had mine since I was 15 and if anything its getting worse as I get older. I think everyone on here is write though DO NOT GOOGLE easier said than done though. Keep your chin up you are not alone, lots of love and a hugxxxxxxxxx

turnthelighton
27-08-08, 09:08
when I feel like "I have to google" I type in the symptoms followed by anxiety. Say for example "tingling face anxiety". I just assume first that all my symptoms are axiety related and they really are

That is a good idea, though I am trying not to google if I do have to I will use the word anxiety as well. Thanks for that.:)

Forever Anxious
27-08-08, 09:47
My new obsessions are with ALS and MS. I struggled with this a few years ago, and it stopped. But now, I am back on that. It is awful, I am waiting....I actually sit and wait for symptoms. I research. I am terrified of these diseases, to the point where I wake up at night. It started again when I got this twitch over my lip, I am sure it is the beginning of ALS or MS, I am just terrified, along with cancers and other stuff. I went to see my doctor, she put me on Celexa to call me down. It made me worse, i got off it in 3 days. medication is not for me. I don't feel alone with this anymore since I found this site.
Thank You all of You!!!!