PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Yorkshire

Sallysdream
26-08-08, 23:27
:welcome:

Are u fancing meeting up or even having regular meet ups etc to help each other or to chat? I am from East Yorkshire near Goole. Where are u from and do u think we could even help each other?? Thanks :hugs:

mila
26-08-08, 23:38
Hi, I live in Bradford, is that too far from where you are?

Sallysdream
26-08-08, 23:41
about 45min. ... nothing is ever too far.
Just trying to get few people together so we could have a nice get together ove even exchange numbers. Maybe we should write who we are and what we suffer from and what we would like to do. ?????

Sallysdream
26-08-08, 23:43
Sex: Female
Suffer from Health Anxiety since 3 monhs now and since have been having constant symptoms. Finding it difficult to talk to my husabnd about this and therefore looking for people who suffer from the same and we could exchange how we feel etc. Write email or even speak to each other?? Help each other.

mila
26-08-08, 23:50
I'm 28, female, i have been suffering with health anxiety for years, 8 years or so. Sometime sit would be one thing after another, without ending, one symptom or problem would start and it would only stop when something else starts. I have a messanger and email address in my profile, feel free to add me to your messanger or email or anything.

t0rt01se36
27-08-08, 10:08
I am 32, live in North Yorkshire, would like to meet up and I suffer from Anxiety, occasional Panic Attacks, emetophobia, OCD plus other phobia's.

Sallysdream
30-08-08, 23:13
Hi all...great meeting u here

mila
30-08-08, 23:26
Nice to meet you too, by the way my name is Millie

jj.tails
01-09-08, 11:16
I live in York. I'm 33, male, and I suffer from what might best be described as generalised anxiety and occasional bouts of depression. The combination has led to a pretty isolated experience for me, partly of my own making to keep everything under control. I am trying to force a change in this situation, as frightening as that might be, because I'm sick to death with it. Happy to hear from anyone in my area (or elsewhere) so feel free to PM me.

pinkpiglet
01-09-08, 12:53
Hello JJ, i'm from Barnsley. Only just joined this site today. i'm getting desperate. i am suffering from anxiety and short bouts of depression too. i av starting takin fluoxetine which are helpin a bit and i'm waiting to hear from a CPN to join a relaxation group.i'v been reading a bit about cognitive behaviour therapy too (easier said than done tho). i'm trying to stop this in it's tracks and keep positive, i have a great support network and my fella is also suffering anxiety so this helps.

jj.tails
01-09-08, 21:02
Hi pinkpiglet. I was slipping head first into depression but have been prescribed a course of Citalopram. I acted fairly quickly when I could tell this was coming on, and all in all they are working. The side effects aren't great, but the depression hasn't taken hold. The anxiety issues are still things I need to work out. I'm looking into counselling and CBT. I have to be honest the NHS provision here is poor, the waiting times running into months, years even for CBT. So I've decided to self-fund and try a private clinic. It's a financial stretch, and I'm fortunate that I can just about stretch to it. But I need to work out what's going on, what has been going on for years, and find some way or means of resolving it.

Really hope you can put the brakes on things. It is possible. And as you say you've got to stay positive. There's nothing to lose by doing that. It's all just stuff, and stuff you can sort out. Got to believe that, because it's probably true.

I don't know whether to say glad to hear you're blokes got anxiety as well. He's probably not too happy about it. But at least you know where each other is coming from on this and that can be a real help.

pinkpiglet
01-09-08, 22:04
hi again, nice to hear from you. I don't kno if its mind over matter or what but since i joined this forum (today) and introduced myself. i have actually felt a bit better. I'v had a successful evening at work and i have had a laugh even. I am trying to urge my fella to join (i think he's tempted). It's nice to be able to help other people and 'hope' that we can make a difference. I know i'm grateful for other peoples view on things & as bad as it sounds it's nice to know 'we are not alone' in this anxiety frenzy.

Sallysdream
01-09-08, 22:46
are there any good groups etc in the area??

pinkpiglet
02-09-08, 13:02
Not in Barnsley there isnt. I'v been looking around and apart from drug and alcohol support there is nothing in this town. There are private clinics which cost the earth and NHS groups which you have to be referred to. (i'm still waitin) Theres a mind clinic which i'v applied to, it's free but takes months to get an appointment. (i'm still waitin) I'v sent off for a book on cognitive behaviour therapy and bought a few relaxation c'ds. thinkin of joining yoga but don't know if i'm supple enough to survive even
just one session LOL

rachmumof3
02-09-08, 22:24
Hi all. ive suffered from depression and ocd for as long as i can remember, i also youster suffer panic attacks but fortunatly i dont get them now. I have just started work after 15 years of been unemployed. [im a single mum of 3]
from rotherham. I enjoy work but a couple of times i have broke down after work. I have been crying on and off since i finished work at 3.00. my b/friend just makes me feel worse.[he hasnt got a clue]. a cuddle wouldnt go a miss but hes about as cold as an ice cube. I have missed a couple of anti depressants so thats not helped. I keep feeling sick and got a nervous stomach. sorry for moan. x:mad:

pinkpiglet
02-09-08, 22:42
You go ahead and have a good old moan if it makes you feel better! my boyfriend was useless too, i kept trying to tell him that i was feeling down and anxious and paniky but he kept talking over me and changing the subject, this made me worse. Infact i wanted to knock his block off. LOL. Eventually i had to resort to telling him that if he could'nt support me then i couldnt be with him anymore, infact, i lost the plot and gave him a few home truths (he's a good bloke but he aint perfect) Anyhow, he accepted what i was saying and said he wanted to help me get myself back together (am i a jigsaw puzzle or summat?). If your boyf can't support you then who can. They are s'pose to be our best friends arent they????

rachmumof3
03-09-08, 19:34
thanks for the reply piglet. I havent heard a single word from oh today. been to docs this morn and she upped my anti ds [citalopram] from 20mg to 40. she said i have anxiety and stress. I keep thinking if oh doesnt start to try and understand me then i want it over but its hard. He has some problems his self concering x wife and kids but hes not very good at showing his feelings. I feel so tired, dunno if its with the job or stress n that. [ prob both].x:scared15:

pinkpiglet
04-09-08, 08:19
:bighug1: Hi again, You have to do whats best for you and your kids but if you say that he's having his own problems then maybe when he realises that you are there to support one another he might start to open up. sometimes, helping people with their worries takes your mind off your own, My fella as been really stressed out with work and other areas of his life and we're just at the point where we can be open about how we are feeling (it has taken some gettin there though). Why dont you write him a letter describing how you feel and what you are going through at the moment, explain how much he means to you and tell him that you are there for him all the way. See if that as any effect. You mite just av to accept that he;s not the sensitive type, but eh, he's a man!! :roflmao: Hope you are feeling better today anyway and keep your chin up gal X

rachmumof3
04-09-08, 17:02
hi piglet. your right about when you help other people with there problems it helps you with yours. I really dont know what to do. we were supposter be going away for the weekend which i was looking right forward to and now hes text saying hes not going and wont tell me why. I dont know if to pack the few stuff hes got at mine and take em to his with his key and write him a letter saying its over unless he starts and treat me right. Cos im always creeping and getting in touch with him 1st when ive done nothing wrong. He always knows whateva he does wrong im that soft ille av him bk weneva. but im sick of been soft. so im confused as to what to do.:wacko: . by the way how are you? x:D

pinkpiglet
04-09-08, 17:42
I'm fine, i'v had a good day today. My mates been round and we took the kids out for a bit. My fella drivin me mad though cos he still expects me to cook his tea when he gets in from work, even though i work evenings myself. They'r pathetic arent they? You sound as if you know what you need to do with this fella of yours anyway. You'v to put you and your kids first and you really don't need all his crap at the minute. It wouldnt be too bad if you knew where you stood with him, but you don't really seem to. Why don't you just come straight out and ask him what the crack is?:bighug1:

rachmumof3
04-09-08, 18:36
hi piglet, glad you have had a good day today.Ive had quite a good day at work. :) . just very annoyed that were not going away at weekend. I was really looking forward to the break. My oh is always telling ppl hes never met no 1 like me before. I never ask him for money or owt. He trusts me loads. [ hes been cheated on a few times in the past]. so im gob smacked as to if thats true why does he keep treating me like this?. [strange eh]. I think he needs a reality check:shrug: . x

pinkpiglet
04-09-08, 21:49
Sounds like a typical man to me! Head in the sand!! I hope you can get things sorted. Let me kno how you get on. x
P.S Glad you had a good day at work.:yesyes:

rachmumof3
08-09-08, 18:57
hi piglet, hows you? hope your ok. Me and oh have sort of made up, he came to me 1st. we still need to have a talk though. Im feeling a bit better as the doc has increased my dose of anti ds. so dont feel as anxious x:)

pinkpiglet
08-09-08, 19:42
Hi Rach, sounds like you're getting somewhere with him, the fact that he came to you first is a good sign! Hope things continue to improve but yeah, you do need to talk. Take it from me, once they'r tuned in to how you'r feeling it gets easier. I'm doin great at the minute too, i'v settled in much better at work and my anxiety seems to be subsiding (for now). Not sure for how long but i'm goin to make the most of it.
Remember your beau owes you a w'kend away, tell him he needs to make it up to you!! (mind you, maybe it's best not to push it, you know how tempremental they can be) LOL :w00t2:

rachmumof3
08-09-08, 21:12
hi. glad yr feeling better. I think ive still a long way to go wi oh but its a start. yes he does owe me a wk end away. [whether i get it or not is another story]. are you on msn? x

pinkpiglet
08-09-08, 21:46
Yeah, i'l send you my addy by private message. Speak soon x:yesyes: