PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions...

Munki
27-08-08, 00:14
Hi all,

I've been taking efexor for nearly 4 years now and its been a lifesaver for me. I've read different opinions on here but I think its all down to the individual, what works for one...

I started on 37.5 pills for anxiety and depression but found the pills to be too up and down. You could feel them kicking in and wearing off which became slightly disruptive.

The 75mg slow release have proved to be perfect and have taken the edge off my moods without depriving me of emotion. However, over the last two weeks I have started to feel like I've missed a pill. I'm teary, irritated, dizzy, down, flat and very tired. I'm also frequently getting that head rush feeling. I started to wonder if maybe the pills were wearing off though found that hard to believe. I've just read on here that if you take your pills at different times every day it can be like withdrawing. Is this true? I have to say that I'm guilty of this as I take my pill when I wake up which varies greatly with my work pattern. Therefore, my pill-taking time can range from 9am to 2pm. Daft as it sounds, could this be a reason?

My second question concerns weight gain. I read more and more about people gaining weight on Effexor but I've actually lost weight. Obviously we're all different but is this because people are feeling more relaxed therefore eating more? I'm just curious about it. A good friend of mine also took Effexor for years at a high dose and also lost weight.

I'd appreciate any advice if possible.

Finally, they say that depression and anxiety affects the intelligent ones. From what I've read so far on this forum it couldn't be more accurate. Unlike other forums, everyone on here is so eloquent and precise.

There is a God after all!

:)

MyNameIsntRich
01-09-08, 21:43
I would start taking the effexor at the exact same time daily, You really want to try and get it in there within an hour or so since the half life is so vary short. With your window of time that you take it in there is no doubt in my mind that you start feeling withdraw if one day you take it at 9am and the next 2pm. Also effexor has a habbit of suddenly not working as well anymore in people. You may want to consult your dr. about upping or finding a new medication.