PDA

View Full Version : Hi there...

Louloubelle
27-08-08, 14:03
Hi everyone...my name is Louise and I'm 35 years old. I was diagnosed only yesterday as suffering from depression and anxiety, it took a lot of guts for me to finally admit I had a problem and see a doctor about the way I've been feeling. I've suffered for quite a few years without treatment, just existing day by day, hoping it would pass...but recent events made me realise it was something I could not face alone.

I've been prescribed Citalopram, which I'll start taking from this evening onwards. I have been reading the threads on this forum about this particular medication which have made me very apprehensive about taking it, but I will see how it goes and hope I don't suffer any terrible side effects. That's really the last thing I need right now! Anyway, I feel like I've taken a step in the right direction and I'm sure I'll take comfort in your words of wisdom, you seem like a really supportive bunch. Thanks for reading, I look forward to chatting to you all :)

kellie
27-08-08, 14:13
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
You will also find a lot of ppl who feel or have felt just like you do.
keep posting with your fears and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
27-08-08, 15:31
Hello Lou And Welcome, I Wish Ya Well, Linda

Demzii
27-08-08, 16:17
Hii, lindalou welcome to webiste speak to you soon.

keepemlaughing
27-08-08, 16:50
Hello and welcome!

Veronica H
27-08-08, 17:05
Hi Loise
Welcome to NMP.I have been taking Cialopram. It took a few weeks to kick in, but when it did I felt calmer.
Best wishes
Veronica H

Louise123
27-08-08, 17:08
Hello- i'm new too- and like you have had a hard time facing up to what this "thing" really was- now i feel like i'm getting stronger- just by taking the steps that you have taken too. I hope that you get some useful advice and look forward to seeing your posts.

Best Wishes xx

pooh
27-08-08, 17:35
Hi and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

lorac
27-08-08, 18:03
Hi Lou

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet many people on here who will offer some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

Catwoman
28-08-08, 13:51
Hi Loulou,
You will get lots of support on this site, and what is great is everyone is in the same boat. We have slightly different forms of our anxiety but we all have our worries and it impacts on all of our lives.
Also its great to be able to speak about our problems without someone saying you are being silly or to pull youself together.
Also no matter how unusual your problem is, chances are someone on here has suffered or is suffering the same thing.
This site is great.
Sue

Louloubelle
28-08-08, 14:57
Thanks for the welcome :) I've been looking for a forum such as this one for a while, it's so good to be able to talk to people who know exactly what you are going through and don't trivialise how you feel.

nomorepanic
28-08-08, 19:05
Hi Louise

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice along the way.