PDA

View Full Version : Hello; sorry I put the cart before the horse!

pat
15-05-05, 20:16
Hmmm ... do you have that expression in the UK? In my zeal to find answers for my son, I posted a new topic (see: Did my son have a panic attack? on the Panic forum) before introducing myself.

My name's Pat, and I feel so fortunate to have found this forum! I know nothing about panic attacks but I think my 12-year-old has started to have them. Looking back, I think he's had isolated ones over the last several years, but we didn't recognize them as such.

I'm so grateful to the administrators for running such a useful site. I could read and read all day ...

I also noticed that as an American I'm in the decided minority. I hope you won't hold it against me. ;)

Thank you again!!

seh1980
15-05-05, 20:26
hello Pat,

Welcome aboard!! :) I'm an American too though I live in England.

Everyone here is very friendly and supportive and we will do all we can to help you and your son get through this. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
15-05-05, 20:27
Hi Pat

I am so pleased you decided to post about your son.

You are certainly not in the minority - we have loads of fellow americans on here as well. I am sure you will come across some of them on here.

Good to have you on board and I hope we can be of some help to you both.

Nicola

Meg
15-05-05, 21:51
At the last count I think we had 23 nationalities so you go for it Pat.
Panic is not fussy, anyone from anywhere is a potential risk !

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
15-05-05, 22:08
Hi Pat

Welcome to the forum. We will support you and your son through this so you dont need to feel alone at all.

Great you have found us.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
15-05-05, 22:26
Hi Pat

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
15-05-05, 22:27
hi pat,
welcome to the site!
we will definitely not hold your nationality against you - in fact if you come across any other useful links or reading material that we might not know about or have easy access to here, please pm me!
henri

pinkscrumpy
16-05-05, 09:02
Hi Pat

Welcome aboard

MANDIE XX

lainey
16-05-05, 09:07
Hi Pat

Welcome to the site

Take care

Elaine x

jill
16-05-05, 09:09
Hi Pat,

Welcme to the site.

Love Jillxx

EmmaJane
19-05-05, 22:28
Welcome to the site Pat

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

bluesparkle
20-05-05, 09:25
hi pat..
welocme to the forum ...everyone here is great and really friendly...
how is it going and how is your son doing? how did he get on going back into school? (sorry about all the questions)
my youngest duaghter(10yrs) im sure is having panic attacks they dont often happen but have a few times at youth group or when we were at carnival last oct... at first i thought it was asthma attack but the more i read on here and i know from my own experiance im sure this is what it is.... i think i need to get her some help at some point maybe... im sorting some other issues with my teenage son at mo but think that is next on my list.
take care
rach