PDA

View Full Version : Things DO get better

Fionared
27-08-08, 17:12
Hi all,
just found this forum while searching for something totally different. I suffered with panic/anxiety etc for about 4 years, began when I was pregnant and just carried on. I couldn't leave the house on my own for a long time. I read everything I could find about anxiety and panic attacks but nothing seemed to work - or maybe I wasn't doing it right! Eventually I looked into the link with hypoglyceamia and tried cutting out sugar/caffeine and alcohol. I started to feel better. It has been a long process but I am now probably 90% 'cured'. I still have wobbly moments but now I know that it is because I have drank too much coffee or am tired, so it doesn't scare me the way it used to.

If you feel anxious/panicky have something sweet (or dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in some hot water). If you start to feel better within 15 minutes then your anxiety could be connected with your blood sugar levels. You can then learn how to eat to regulate these and start to feel better.

Hope this helps someone,
Fiona

Veronica H
27-08-08, 17:26
Hi Fiona
Thanks for sharing your success story with us. It always help to hear how others cope.

Veronica H

orangeblossom
27-08-08, 17:53
Hi,

Thanks for that. I have read about this before actually... and I did give it a go and it did make a small amount of difference, but to be honest I think for a lot of people the stress has to do with other internal issues that need to be resolved, or new behaviour has to be learned in order to go out etc etc.

Saying that, anything that does make the slightest bit of difference is good in my book!

I know if I have a glass of diet coke or a coffee, I get palpitations which really gets me panicking!!

Fionared
27-08-08, 18:31
Yes, I'm not saying it's the answer for everyone, I think I got a lot of things from all the books I read also. I read the following quote somewhere .... 'I can't make you feel 100% better but I can give you 100 ideas that will make you feel 1% better' or words to that effect!