PDA

View Full Version : Am feeling really anxious today!

xBettyBoopx
28-08-08, 11:49
Hi

I am feeling so anxious today. I have an appointment to see the CPN at the local gp's, then a little later I have to see the dr for a review re my medication. I can get to the drs at a push cause it's only about 200 yards but I feel more anxious 'cause I gotta go!

Yesterday I was really depressed, crying & wishing I wasn't here! Does anyone swing from pa/anxiety to depression in a day? I find it hard to think why one day I wish I wasn't here, then the next day I'm panicky about a pain or ache somewhere:weep: :weep:

So fed up with is :mad: :mad: :weep: :weep:

Els
xxx

ladybird64
28-08-08, 12:38
Hi Elspeth

I'm sorry to hear you had a lousy day yesterday,sometimes birthdays are just a reminder of everything that has gone wrong for us unfortunately.
My mood can swing dramatically too, I think it goes with the anxiety.
I have got to see a GP later and I have already planned the route out in my head..worrying if the surgery will be busy, if the main road that it's next to will be packed full of people and noisy as hell..you know the type of thing I mean!
Anyway, I hope everything goes ok for you today with the CPN and the doc. :hugs:

xBettyBoopx
28-08-08, 12:53
Hi ladybird

Thanks for your reply. Sorry to hear that you going through all of this too. If only we didn't have a mind!:wacko: We wouldn't be like this:winks: I have also been trying to get things sorted for my neighbour, he has got cancer & had a small operation last thursday, his brother then went on holiday the next day & neighbour has been quite bad, so have been ringing drs etc & going to pick up his prescription basically cause there was no one else to do it + LLoyds said they would deliver it but they didn't, ffs:mad: :mad: Very anxious time at the moment as well cause I'm changing ISP's cause BT is crap & I am hoping that I won't have to be offline until the next one comes as I'm on here a lot at night when I get panics. Just too much to take at the moment.

Sorry to waffle on.

I hope you get on alright at the drs & that you are ok panic wise.

Take care

Els
xxx

ladybird64
28-08-08, 13:51
Well..my daughter is following me from room to room, I just told her that mum needs a bit of space and she has gone downstairs to moan to her dad.
I have realsied that after I go to the GP I need to go to the Post Office (it's in our local WH Smiths so it's ALWAYS crowded) and then I have to go to Lidls with the massive queues at the checkout.
Ah, happy days..:winks:

I'll manage it, I'm sure you will too even if we feel rough.:)
Meet you here later for an update!

xBettyBoopx
28-08-08, 22:37
Hey Ladybird

How did you get on today? I hope you were ok hun:yesyes:

I was thinking about you as I was on my way to the drs myself. I'm quite proud of myself as I had 2 a ppointments, 1 for the CPN & 1 for a review of my meds with the dr. I didn't come home in between the 2 times & stayed around the shop area & had a chat with one of the shop owners:) :)

Shopped also for my neighbour, so I am really pleased with myself. Anxiety level has gone down now:D but I am really knackered, lol & me back hurts, but hey a small price to pay for being out for over 2 hours.

Yay me:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Please let me know how you got on.

Love

Els
xxx

http://www.moreno-stone.co.il/playground/humor/photo/smile%20cat.jpg

nomorepanic
28-08-08, 22:46
I sensed you were a bit anxious from the post you did about your birthday.

Please don't feel bad - if no-one knows it is your birthday then no-one will post.

You got some replies anyway.

As for today - remember that thought are worse than actions. We can all do these things it is how we decide to handle it and you did well today so great news.

Well done!

ladybird64
29-08-08, 20:16
Hi Els :)

I got myself all worked up before I went so I guess I knew I was in for a bit of a rough time..

I did my little journey by bus and then had to walk a few hundred yards to the surgery..eek!:scared15: Arrived there sweaty and horrible but did it anyway. The doctor's pees me off, we have now got a new group practice as our old doc retired, they have also changed premises. I am not on any meds for my anxiety/panic so have only seen this lot for strictly "medical stuff" but I always feel that I'm taking up their precious time.
I had to go and have an injection yesterday but I had only got my head through the door (door was still open :mad: ) when the doc asked "what can I do for you?". She could at least have let me sit down first!
Went from there to post office at Smiths, sweaty and horrible again but I didn't leg it from the queue then off to Lidls where the anxiety level tailed right off.

I'm so glad you managed ok! It gives me incentive to realise that we all have off days and other days where although scared, we can achieve what we wanted.
To do the shopping for your neighbour as well is brilliant! I don't know about you but sometimes even dealing with the smallest daily tasks seem exhausting so you give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back. :hugs:

xBettyBoopx
29-08-08, 23:11
Hi Ladybird

Well done to you. You get on a bus, I couldn't do that if you paid me. You did so well to stick it out although you felt bad, I guess we all see how the anxiety level will go down if only we can stick it out long enough.

I hate those docs who can't be bothered to even look at ya. Not worth being in the health profession, are they?

We both did well, give yaself a pat on the back.

http://www.barenose.com/wordsworth/images/WellDone.jpg

Take care
Love
Els
xxx

honeybee3939
29-08-08, 23:45
LadyBird and Elspeth

Great to read of both your achiements:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

WELL DONE you two, keep up the good work !!:yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

freakedout
31-08-08, 02:47
Hi Els & Ladybird,

I have been reading this thread and think you have both done brill with the doctors, it can be so tough, and often what we anticipate is worse than the actual event.

I too can relate to the emotional roller coaster of anxiety, panic and depression. One minute you are climbing the walls with anxiety, the next you just feel numb, and more dead than alive. It is good that you can post your feelings here though, sometimes I find it tough when I am so depressed I kinda bottle things up.

OMG ladybird, you went on a bus... you are one brave lady!

Hope you are both feeling ok'ish now.

Take care,
Freaky

ladybird64
31-08-08, 22:18
Hi ladies (and any lads that read this!)

I'm just curious about something and would like to hear your opinions.
I've noticed that many people seem to have a fear of travelling on buses, trains and some have problems in cars.
I have absolutely no problems travelling by bus or car, it feels like I'm safe when I'm in a bus/car because there is a barrier between me and the scary stuff outside.
I'm ok on a train but rarely go on them because of the panic I experience when I enter a station..it's the platforms that freak me out.
As for the tube..:scared15: haven't been on one for over 20 years and I couldn't even contemplate doing so..that awful platform again.
Just to give an example..I am quite happy to cross a bridge (hate bridges) by bus, I don't even mind if the bus has to stop for a while on the bridge because of traffic. If I attempted to do the same thing while walking I would be a jellywobbling heap.
Am I alone in this?
Look forward to hearing from you. :)

freakedout
01-09-08, 00:09
Hi,

I usually feel fairly safe in my car, but start to get panic symptoms if I am stopped at traffic lights, especially if there is traffic in front and behind me. I am not a good passenger although there are a couple of very close people that I do feel safe being a passenger with. I can also cope with taxi's under the influence of alcohol. I haven't been on a bus in years, and the last time I went on a train was over 3 yrs ago and I did panic being on the train, it was awful and I swore I would never go on a train ever again.

Bridges, yeah, they are funny too. We have a few bridges over the canal where I live and if I am driving I imediately feel anxious if I have to stop on the bridge, and would rather leave a space between me and the car in front than stop on the bridge. Bizarre isn't it. I dont walk over bridges to comment on that, and I dont mind being under bridges, but I recently had to endure being a passenger through 3 tunnels, the two short ones were ok but there was a long one and we seemed to be in there forever and that freaked me out.

Sorry, I do go on dont I!!!

Freaky

xBettyBoopx
01-09-08, 01:03
Hi Ladybird

I think we all have different situations where we feel panicky but a lot can't go on public transport etc. For me I had my first panic attack on a bus about 33 years ago, I carried on going on the bus but as my p/a's got worse, I felt it better to walk, although that was tough too. In my early 20's I bought a car & felt a bit safer but only if I was driving. I hated being a passenger, maybe it's a control thing. I used to have p/a's driving too but not as bad as if I was a passenger. Aint been on a train in donkeys years either. Lost my car March of last year due to not being able to afford to keep it on the road, that's why am agoraphobic now. I always knew that if at some point I didn't have a car, that I would be stuck indoors, was my worst nightmare, & then it happened.

I would prolly be able to get out a bit if I won the lottery, but considering I don't do it there's no chance of that:mad:
They say money can't buy you health, but for me it would buy me a car & I could slowly start to get out again I think:yesyes:

So anyone reading this, got loads dosh that they don't know what to do with, hey I'm here, lmaooooo:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :D :D :D

http://www.treehugger.com/byd-e6-electric-car-002.jpg

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Els
xxx