PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

PhoebeE
28-08-08, 12:37
Hello everyone,

I have headaches almost everyday, esp in the afternoon and when I'm at work. Relaxing helps, but the headaches come back when I get back to work after a break. Does anyone have any advice? :shrug:

Thanks in a advance.
Phoebe

feels_like_home
05-09-08, 17:18
Hi Phoebe,
Maybe try to take more frequent breaks instead of long ones. (if possible) That way you can stretch and get some fresh air. Have you tried massage? I go once a week and this has helped a lot with my headaches. Also make sure you are drinking enough water, I know when I don't I get a headache. If all else fails I take an Advil Liquid gel. They work wonders for me. Hope this helps.
Take care.
Michelle

Mikke
05-09-08, 17:25
For me, I don't really have headaches, but imagine I have them so intensely I actually have them :blush:
A simple test to see wether you are somatizing headache or not is to take a pain killer and see if it helps. If it doesn't you are either having migraine or you are somatizing.

nomorepanic
05-09-08, 18:47
Have you had your eyes tested recently - you may be getting eye strain.

its all good
05-09-08, 19:15
Are you sat looking at a computer all day in work? I was, in my old job and i kept getting headaches everytime i was at work but they would go away when i was off work. Work eventually bought me a special screen that went in front of my comp and my headaches went away, just a thought.