PDA

View Full Version : Glad to be here

Pookie
28-08-08, 17:25
Hi everyone,
I am so happy to have found such a great forum. :) My name is Sandra, 22 years old from Canada. I have been trying to overcome my panic and anxiety for almost 1 year but what seems like forever now. My first attack was a terrifying one that I wish to never experience again. Since, they have continued to happen- and lately more and more frequent.

I believe to help cope and overcome things in life, it helps to understand. If you do not understand why it is happening, how can you go about helping yourself? I found myself on Google searching for information to help educate myself. Well, here I am! Less than 24 hours since joining I have absorbed so much and look forward to even more sharing and learning here. On the road to overcoming my anxiety and panic...

Sincerely,
Sandra aka Pookie

Louloubelle
28-08-08, 17:44
Welcome Sandra...I only joined yesterday but you'll find some great advice and comfort here, it really helps to talk to people who know exactly what you're going through :)

nomorepanic
28-08-08, 18:56
Hi Sandra

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some lovely people and get loads of support and advice along the way.

lorac
28-08-08, 19:02
Hi Sandra

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Pookie
29-08-08, 03:34
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I cant believe how much helpful information and great people there are here. :)

Quiet-Lift
29-08-08, 06:45
Hello Sandra.:)

Canada seems a long long way from where I am, but at least we have something in common.

Like you, I experience anxiety and feelings of panic on a regular basis. From my reading, I've discovered that these sensations are more common than we realise, despite any evidence to the contrary that comes from other people who may scoff at others or put down any suggestion of it in themselves.:unsure: :lac:

You're not alone and you're still young enough to tackle and overcome your anxieties head on and overcome them.

I hope you get a lot out of NMP.

All the best...

feels_like_home
29-08-08, 06:57
Isn't it nice to finally understand and not feel alone? Welcome!
Michelle

pooh
29-08-08, 11:05
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Pookie
29-08-08, 16:30
Isn't it nice to finally understand and not feel alone? Welcome!
Michelle
Yes! It absolutely is! I feel comfort here. :hugs:
Thanks again for the welcome all.

learner
29-08-08, 16:35
I have also found this site very helpful in understanding my problems, good luck with your road to recovery.

Jxx

Rob1977
29-08-08, 18:36
Hi Sandra, from a fellow Canadian.

I just joined yesterday and one thing I quickly discovered is that NMP is not just a forum or a website, it is a community of support. Welcome, you are not alone, and you can get through this.

lesleya
29-08-08, 18:44
Hi :welcome: :welcome: to nmp
Nice to have you here and i hope you find the help and support you need to get well.
Take care

kellie
29-08-08, 21:09
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

milly jones
01-09-08, 21:59
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs: