PDA

View Full Version : lump in throat

amandaj
28-08-08, 19:25
i feel like i cant swallow cos of a lump in throat ,thats there all the time does anyone else get this, its very scary and restricting what i eat i just want it to go

nomorepanic
28-08-08, 19:27
Amanda

Have you seen my recent posts about this as well? I am really struggling too at the moment.

amandaj
28-08-08, 20:13
no i havent i will look though its horrible thank you for replying nicola

narusayshi
29-08-08, 19:26
um, the only thing i can think of is, either its anxiety or it might even be your thyroid. thyroid problems can cause anxiety. it wouldnt hurt to get it checked. ^^ ask your physician to refer you to an endocrinologist and get it checked throughly. that might just be it! i hope this helped.

Worrier
29-08-08, 20:52
Hi Amanda,

I used to get this ALL the time when I was at my worst. Honestly it will go away when you stop focusing on it. I know it is difficult and believe me I had it for weeks.

Try to stop thinking about it and stop swallowing all the time to see if you can still feel it and it will get better.

Take Care
Natalie

decca
29-08-08, 21:20
Amanda,
If you're having difficulty in swallowing the first stop should be your Doctor, it can be a symptom of anxiety, I get it a lot 'specially during a racy heart episode on the other hand you might have an infection somewhere, please don't take chances ,let's not put everything down to anxiety until all else is ruled out - please see your Doc.

Decca.

kellie
29-08-08, 21:38
Hiya amanda

Ive had the same thing now for about 6 months and it is driving me nuts
It comes and goes.

i dont think ive had a wk in the last 6 months where it aint been there for a few days at least, but some times its there for a few wks at a time.

You need to take your focus of it and try to relax
It seems to go when you are distracted from thinking about it

all the best
kellie.xxxxxxxxx

amandaj
30-08-08, 11:04
thank you for all the replies i did actually speak to gp on phone about it he said it was anxiety how he knows without seeing me i dont know but i guess i need to take his word for it take care all of you

amanda xxx

Helen1973
30-08-08, 16:26
I've had this for a few months now. It feels like I have a pea stuck. I even remember the moment it happened for the first time. I found a website that explained it all. It's a tiny muscle in your throat that just clamps shut when you get stressed and anxious. Seriosuly, if you're doctor is that unconcerned there is nothing to worry about.:)