PDA

View Full Version : Meds And Alcohol

gemchanel
28-08-08, 20:29
does anyone here still drink alcohol even tho they are on meds??? i tend to have a bottle of wine 4 times a week althought it does make my crazy the next day, i was wondering if anyone else winds down too? and what meds are you on?

Alisonj
28-08-08, 20:50
No since I have been on the meds I have stopped drinking. I dont need the added problems. If it makes you crazy the next day why do you do it?

titchjd
28-08-08, 21:01
Hi yes I do still drink but im currently getting advice on how 2 cut down successfully as i drink a bottle of wine a night.

Im on citalopram but by drinking the wine lessens the effects of the meds so they prob arent working as well as they should...also it makes my anxiety worse ..so if u can stop then Id say stop or cut down I wished I didnt drink but I have for many years but have finally realised Its caused me probs xxxxx

best wishes x

gemchanel
28-08-08, 21:07
thanx

keepemlaughing
28-08-08, 21:26
I am on meds and crave alcohol something fierce. I know it is bad for me and I want to stop. Old habits die hard.

chloe555
01-09-08, 17:02
hi im on 20mg clomipramine and take diazpam 5mg as needed.I drink once a week when i go to the pub but i dont take my tablets that night.I must admit i feel terrible for 2 days after but its just nice to have a drink and not worry about it all.But alcohol just makes anxiey and depression worse.

chloe x