PDA

View Full Version : Panicking. Please Help! Women only!

Helen1973
28-08-08, 23:17
I had a smear test today and it's started me worrying. So I did what I knew I shouldn't and researched. There are two things freaking me out.

1) A few days before my period if I make love with husband, we can find I've bled. It is the colour of menstrual blood.

2) During deep penetration it can sometimes feel a little painful down below--well inside, but only during deep penetration.

Is this normal? Does anyone else get this? Please help me. :weep:

keepemlaughing
29-08-08, 00:24
Quit worrying I am sure you are fine. Maybe he is well endowed??

xBettyBoopx
29-08-08, 00:43
Hi Helen

I'm so sorry that you're so worried. I'm sure that the blood you get is menstrual, coming down a little bit early cause of sex. And d/p can be very painful especially if hubby is a bit on the large side & you are a bit on the small side.

Quit googling!!!!!!! Nothing good can come outta googling, it always comes up with bad bad things!!!

I'm sure you'll be ok, but if you want more reassurance, go to drs. Worrying about health probs is what a lot of us do & we can never ever get enough reassurance although we try.

Els
xx

Helen1973
29-08-08, 06:50
Thank you for the replies. I'm still terrified though, so if anyone get's this I'd love to know.:wacko:

petmad
29-08-08, 09:16
Hi
I think it is due to your hubby being well endowed (lucky you!!) many years ago before I had kids I was with a man who was on the larger side and I also used to have pains and feel it deep inside, its maybe due to not relaxing so much as you worry it may hurt?
I used to tense up a bit in case it hurt but once I relaxed....enjoy!

Anxious_gal
29-08-08, 10:02
deep penetration can hurt so that is totally normal! bleeding lightly a few days before your period in my experince is also normal

Helen1973
29-08-08, 15:42
Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all of the replies. I do feel better. On a related topic, has anyone had cervical cysts found during their smear test (I forgot to mention that)? Google keeps coming up with them being common and not a problem, but I was just wondering...as you do:P

EmmaJane
29-08-08, 15:55
Hi Helen,

I can relate to what your saying. Its easy to say stop worrying, but I have had these symptoms on many occasions. My smears have all been normal. Also if there was an abnoramality picked up in a smear it doesn't been anything sinister.

Regarding Cysts I have PSOS. Which causes me gain weight, irregular periods and other symptoms, but in general, it is not a problem. No ops, no medication, no hospitals etc.

If you want to PM me, then I don't mind talking to you.

Smears are quite worrying, but it is mainly a screen test to try and prevent anything. ( So I'm told by my nurse ).

Hope this helps.

Helen1973
29-08-08, 17:55
Thank you EmmaJane! I just want these next six weeks or so to fly by. My anxiety keeps going stratospheric.:unsure:

narusayshi
29-08-08, 18:03
yea ive gotten this before. kinda like a deep sharp pain in the back right? ive gotten that. its usually when me and my bf do it right before i start. it brings up blood too. so dont worry, its ok ^^

narusayshi
29-08-08, 18:04
by "in the back" i meant deep in your um...womanly parts. sorry if i caused confusion.

Helen1973
30-08-08, 16:30
by "in the back" i meant deep in your um...womanly parts. sorry if i caused confusion.

No confusion, hun and thanks for your post. It's such a relief to know that it's normal--although I had always assumed so before I started stressing about it. :doh:

Rachey poos
30-08-08, 22:07
this just happend to me 2 weeks ago...we had sex and i went to the bathroom after and saw blood, i freaked out as i knew i was due on in about 5 days...but i came on a little bit early two days later and was fine..my hubby is ell endowned and i think it must just iriitate the neck of the womb when your about to bleed.... no worries hun .... xx

Helen1973
31-08-08, 16:17
Thank you for replying Rachey poos. I am trying not to worry, unfortunately it is easier said than done. I keep obsessing about the clusters of cysts the doctor mentioned. I just wish the wait for results wasn't so long--I really don't know if I'll survive it with my sanity intact. I also wish I hadn't delayed by eighteen months (when the smear was due). I could have handled this a lot better a year ago. :weep: