PDA

View Full Version : Fish Oils, Omega 3 & EPA

tattybear
16-05-05, 13:14
Hi,

Ive read a few posts / threads on Fish Oils/ Omega 3's and EPA.

Ive decided im gonna give it a go.

Just really wanted peoples input as to which ones they would recommend.

Thanks!!

Tatty B xx

rhowes2000
16-05-05, 18:33
Hi tattybear,

The importnat ingredient for us is EPA have a look around for the highest EPA possible. Vernon spotted some on the Holland Barrett website that are high strength and they are half price at the moment (£6) they have sold out on on the website and if they were in stock its 3 weeks for delivery. If you have a H&B shop near you get them from there. I beleive they are called super fish oils.

Cheers

Richard

tracyp584
16-05-05, 19:14
Hi Tatty,

I have been giving the eye q capsules to my 2 kids and i have REALLY noticed the difference (concentration, behaviour etc..), so its definately worth a go!! If it can help my children, it can help anyone!!

tracy x x

Piglet
17-05-05, 14:18
Hi Tattyb,

A good book about oils is Liz Earles 'Vital Oils'.

I've just started my kids on Cod liver oil and Evening primrose oil combined and I've been taking Dr Udo's oil for a few years, I got quite lax with taking it over the last 6 months and whether its coincidence or not since I started being more consistent with taking it again lately my spirits have definately improved.

The reason I take Udo's oil is that it has the correct balance of omega 3, 6 & 9 which I'd read was important as they support each other.

Supplements seem to be such a complicated area - you never seem to know whether you're doing right for wrong. Can anybody recommend a really simple book on the subject.

Love Piglet

Hope4NoMorePanic
24-05-05, 16:26
I believe it's been over 3 weeks since I've had my last panic attack. I am sooo excited about this all that I thought I would share. I have been taking Omega-3, Gaba Complex & B6 for the past month. I am not sure if all are contributing to my feeling better but I will not risk it by stopping one or the other. I wanted to recommend this to all who are having a hard time with Panic...especially the Omega-3. I have improved significantly and think that this is my answer (along with relaxation and breathing). I have also been pushing myself to do things I wouldn't normally do and it has been an incredible journey for me. It's amazing that just over a month ago I posted my story for the first time and I was feeling so hopeless. Look at me NOW!

Hope4NoMorePanic

Meg
24-05-05, 16:30
H4NMP

Good to hear your happy news..

Looking after your body is so important as is what you put in it !!

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hunny
07-09-05, 19:11
Hiya

Just wondered if there is a difference between taking cod liver oil and the ones that say omega 3 fish oils.The epa on the cod liver oil i was looking at was way higher

Thanks

Hunny