PDA

View Full Version : Consistant raised temprature 37.5C

kenboon
30-08-08, 10:04
Hi
Had a consistant high temprature for about 4 weeks now of 37.5C. Now i'v been to the DRs numerous times but still had no clear answer as to why i'm always hot then cold and feeling generally like crap. They said it could be my tooth thats rotton which i'm having out tuesday. But i was wondering if it could be anxiety related?

Thanks

Ken

nickieb
30-08-08, 10:12
A rise in temp can be anxiety related yes. However 37.5 is normal a normal temperature Ken.

Anything above 37.7 would make you pyrexic. A Lot of people have higher body temperatures, and i guess yours is anxiety related.

If you are at all worried get some bloodwork done especially an FBC ESR and CRP which are inflammatory markers and will indicate an underlying infection.

Nicola

kenboon
30-08-08, 11:48
Thankyou for the reply.
Each time i'v been to the dr its been a little high and she basically suggested that if it continues to get blood tests also. Reading was from ear if that makes any difference? I do feel a bit fluey also and my bodys always warm and at times i go into a full blown sweat even with nothing on. Not like me not to shake something off after a couple of days :( I just wanna get over this so i can try and combat the anxiety by getting out some more.

Thanks again :)

Ken

nickieb
30-08-08, 16:35
If you have wax, or have been lying on your ear this can increase your temperature. Rule of thumb generally is check in both ears & compare. Anxiety can make you feel very fluey...rise in temp, achy, sweaty even when you think your not stressed or anxious.
I certainly would ask for some bloods as i feel until you get theses done with some results, you wont relax.

Best Wishes

kenboon
30-08-08, 17:37
nickieb Thankyou again :)
Funny you should mention the wax. I have noticed that i have had alot of wax the last few weeks. Maybe it could be anxiety then, i didnt know that that was a symptom of anxiety, but i must admit it has made me more anxious :( Think you could be right though for peace of mind i should get a blood test done. My tooths definatly coming out tuesday too, although as you can imagine i'm dreading going. Not so worried about having the dental work done, its more if i go into a full panic frenzy when i'm there orwhen i'v had the jab ect.

Thanks alot for your help :) and advice.

Ken