PDA

View Full Version : Some things that are helping me

erialc
30-08-08, 14:02
Hi Guys,

The last few weeks I have slipped back into a place I was about 1-2 yrs ago....bad health anx, constant worry, you know the usual.

I still have good/bad days etc but at the moment am trying my bloomin hardest to sort this/me out.

I bought a book recommended by some peeps on here regarding overcoming health anxiety - it looks a bit like a gcse book but god its probably the best book I have read on it, very simplistic (which is good for me!!!!).

I have also arranged to see a Reflexologist who someone on here recommended to me in my local area. I have been exchanging e-mails with him and he seems really nice. He was a psychiatric nurse and now does reflexology and eft so fingers crossed that will help.

I am damned if I am letting this cr*p take over, I am only 28 I should be enjoying life not dreading it. I am on hols in a few weeks, looking for a new house and have a new job.....:)

Anyways enough from me just thought I would share

C xxxx

jodie
30-08-08, 14:26
hiya mate

am there for you if you need me

keep trying you will get there in the end

:bighug1:

jodie xxxxxxxx

Lissy43
30-08-08, 15:11
Hope things improve, what book are you reading?

Liverbird67
30-08-08, 16:39
You seem to have a lot on your plate at the moment, take it easy and try to relax don't let things get on top of you.
Lots of love

Debbie

erialc
30-08-08, 20:16
Thanks

The book (sorry didn't say the title doh)

Its An Introduction to Coping with Health Anxiety by Brenda Hogan and Charles Young.

I did read Claire Weekes books but although I thought they were good, didn't feel they quite hit the nail on the head (for me.... just my opinion)

C