PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad I found this forum

cannuk
16-05-05, 20:27
I have been reading this forum and almost crying with relief.

Here has been my life for almost the past month:

begining the day before my birthday I had a tingling in one foot. It then spread to my other foot and to my hands. I also began to have "the runs". And thus began my search on the internet to find out what I had. Of course I immeadietly found such wonderful diseases as Multiple sclerosis, diabetes etc. After going to the doctor and getting some blood work done I found out that my blood work was immaculate. So I became convinced that I had MS. It was also at this very instant that I began to have vision problems. Trouble foucusing on the TV, everything seems darker, spots etc. And thus brings us to present day. When I found the section of this forum on vision problems, and almost began to cry. I have spent the last month slowly convincing myself that I was going to die before I was married (in less than a month) and this forum is slowly convincing me otherwise. Although even as I write this, the blurriness is still present. I guess my question is how long can thes symptoms last? What I have found interesting is that my new found blurriness feeling has completley replaced all of my other symptoms. Is this normal as well? I almost feel as though I am replacing my symptoms to match up with a diagnosis for a worse disease. Is there anything specifically I can do to control the blurriness? Thank you all so much in advance, just for being here.
Sean

florence
16-05-05, 21:03
Hi cannuk

Welcome to the forum.
I am sure you'll find people here with similar problems, anxiety can affect the eyes and the vision, have you seen an ophtamologist ?
Regards.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

cannuk
16-05-05, 21:11
Hi Florence,
I havent seen the opthamologist yet, I really only started to have the vision problems recentley (past few days). I am supposed to get a call from my doctor later today and plan to tell her about the vision problems and ask what she thinks. Thanks for the quick reply
Sean

florence
16-05-05, 21:21
Hi again

Oh right I see...Will you let us know what she says?
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

nomorepanic
16-05-05, 21:56
Hi Cannuk

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the forum.

Nicola

Karen
16-05-05, 22:13
Hi Sean

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

cannuk
16-05-05, 22:19
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
I will let you know what the doctor says later today (she is supposed to call me back at the end of the day). Just for my own reasurance though, is it natural to have these symptoms reoccuring for a months time. Not all symptoms have been present for a month, but collectively I have been having the symptoms for that long.
Thanks again
Sean

sal
16-05-05, 22:30
Hi Sean

Welcome to the site. It is great that you have found us and i hope we can help you through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
16-05-05, 22:51
Sean,

Yes intermittant symptoms are not unusual at all.

I would also recommend that you go and have an eye check up- not because I think you have a dreaded lurgy but because eyes are precious and safe than sorry is pertinent with them.

When the muscles all tense up, the eye muscles do too thus pulling you out of focus.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

seh1980
16-05-05, 22:56
Welcome aboard!! :)

stimpy
17-05-05, 01:59
Hi Sean and welcome

The wonderful thing about anxiety is that it gives you 1001 symptoms and all of them deadly.
Looking on the internet is the worst thing that you can do. It will only frighten you more.
If you had MS or anything similar your blood work would have shown it. So I don't think there is anything to worry about there.

Vision problems are quite common. All related to over breathing and stress. As Meg says get your eyes checked just to be on the safe side.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

mom22
17-05-05, 14:47
Hi Sean

Eventhough it's really hard to do, stay off health related internet sites!! (except for this one of course!) I'd have a symptom, look it up and lo and behold by day's end, I'd have many of the others associated with that self-diagnosis.

Hope your doctor was able to reassure you.

All the best,
Sue

PS Just curious, do you have a Canadian connection by any chance? I'm a neighbor to the north and we often refer to ourselves as Canuks.

cannuk
17-05-05, 17:40
I feel so much better today than I have in weeks. I went home from work last night and was able to see the TV and have a full night without thinking my life was coming to an end. The whole night I was so giddy that I had to just start singing and shouting (which really puzzled my fiance and the dogs) Thanks to everyone who responded to me. My vision seems to be clearing up already. That was really what was scaring me the most because I did not know that it was such a common sign of stress. None of those Internet symptom sites ever told me that :D. I think that each symptom I had fed my anxiety until I had plenty of scary symptoms. Thank you all so much. I plan to stick around this forum to help out when I can and just in case I fall in the anxiety hole again. Oh and mom22 yes I do have a Canadian connection. I was born in Calgary. We moved stateside when I was 3. When I was in highschool my nickname became canuck. I began using it as my screenname on the internet, except I didnt know the proper spelling. It just kind of stuck in the wrong spelling form and I have used it ever since. Thanks so much again everyone

sal
17-05-05, 22:28
Hi Sean

Pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better today. It would be great for you to stick around so we can help you and you can help others.

There is always someone around that can offer you some support.

Well done you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lainey
18-05-05, 09:24
Hi Sean

Firstly a big warm welcome to the forum
I'm glad that you are feeling better, coming on this site and seeing people with the same symptoms really helps, it certainly helped me.
You are probably anxious due to the wedding coming upi aas it can be a very stressful time. When the big day arrives you will have the time of your life I know!
If you go to the home page you will find a symptoms page which helped me enormously when my anxiety was acute.

Take care

Elaine x

Jules31
18-05-05, 12:17
Hi Sean

I'm glad your blurriness has cleared up. Anxiety does give you so many symptoms and the more you worry, the worse you get.

I'm sure you wedding has a lot to do with the increase in your feelings. I got married a month ago and had lots of stuff going on with me before it. But the day and honeymoon were fantastic. Hang on it there, it will all be ok, even if you don't believe it right now. Take it from someone who's been there. I was remarkably calm on the big day, which I found very surprising.

Jules

Meg
18-05-05, 13:31
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/symptoms.htm

sensei_deano
17-08-05, 20:23
I totally know how you feel after worrying about your vision and symptoms. I was so relieved to see other people who have been through the same ordeals I have recently experienced. My vision has been blurred for the past month or so, and when I recently visited the optician, he said that nothing appeared to be medically wrong with my eyes, but that I did need glasses because my eyes were working far too hard at close range and that I was long-sighted, or something along those lines. Im not sure if this is due to anxiety or not, but considering that my sight problems started on the same day i began to develop patchy areas of numbness on my body, I would certainly imagine so. Also I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past, though I committed the cardinal sin of checking out my symptoms online. Naturally this made me a million times worse and brought on the chills, the worrying about brain tumours and MS etc. I also stopped taking any anti depressant medication last year due to the sexual side effects, and while I was okay for a while, im considering going back on medication when I visit the doctor tomorrow. If this does turn out to be nothing but anxiety and me just getting worked up when I shouldn't be, then it has certainly taught me never to take my health for granted.

Sorry about the long post, just had quite a bit to get off my chest I guess :) It's nice to know I don't suffer alone.

Dean