PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes better, sometimes not

serr1340
16-05-05, 21:37
Hello All
I haven't posted in a while. I have been doing well for the last month and now I feel like I am going a bit downhill.
There is so much going on, where to start? I don't want to sound like a whiner.
Depression has been under control but today I just want to cry! [Sigh...] My oldest daughter, 18 y/o with a 2 y/o child, isn't doing anything with her life. Where did I go wrong? I tried to teach her right but it didn't work. She dropped out of school and has a job and the baby's father is still in the picture but he doesn't really help her. I love my daughter but sometimes I wish she would just move out. But she won't and I don't want to push her cause I am her mother and I am here to help her.
My husband seems to be more critical lately, more aggressive but not in a physical way. He just seems to be nit-picking at everything. Complains about the house, the kids, the money spent, etc, etc, etc.
I know it seems like mine is not such a bad thing but you would really have to be here to understand what I am going through.
All this is making me feel more anxious these last few days, especially today.
My MD prescribed valium in case I need to take it but I hate taking it, it does help me and it is such a low dose but I guess I feel that by taking it, I am admitting that I am not getting better.[V]
I have been feeling better, that is until this weekend. I can only hope and pray that it gets better.
Thank you for letting me share and sorry for being such a whiner.

Marilu

EmmaJane
16-05-05, 22:04
Hi,

Your not being a whiner, thats what we are here for. We also get our ups and downs, just because you are having a few bad days in the way you feel, doesnt mean you are going to slip back down again. At least you are aware, that you are a bit off course. If you take the valium, it doesnt mean you are bad again, and will stay bad, they will help you get through this bad patch.

Regarding your daughter, I can understand, that you feel you probably havent done enough for her, or you havent shown her the right way. You have done your best and she will have to find her own way and learn buy any mistakes, she makes.

Your are there for her and that is the main thing. Try not to beat yourself up to much.

Take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sal
16-05-05, 22:08
Hi

We all have times when what we have achieved seems to vanish and we feel back to square one but we arent, we all need to remember we have come so far and we can again. Needing to take valium in a small dose for those bad days isnt a failure at all it is you accepting that it isnt a good day and it will help you through it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
16-05-05, 23:46
hello Marilu,

We all have bad days as well as good unfortunately. The bad ones don't cancel out the good ones though so please remember that..

Sarah :D

stimpy
17-05-05, 01:41
Hi Marilu

Panic disorder does have it's ups and downs, so that is nothing to worry about. You just have to use your coping skills to help yourself feel better.

Where kids are concerned, there is no right thing to do.
Getting things off your chest is not moaning or whining - it is coping.

You don't need the stress at the moment, as you are not yourself.
But at the same time you don't want to push your daughter on to the street.
- That is understandable.

You haven't done anything wrong.
Teenages are a law unto themselves.

Your eldest daughter is a young woman, it is time for her to be responsible for her actions and her lifestyle.

It does sound like your husband is stressed out too, and he is showing his flustration in the form of nit picking.

Try punching a pillow and having a really good swear. It helps a lot.
If the valium helps then take it.

Remember you can't blame yourself for the mistakes that others make.
You are a wife and mother, you can offer guidance, but you can't live their lives for them.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'