PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

WadeWilson
30-08-08, 23:25
Hello..

I'm wade, a 24 year old male from North Carolina, usa.. I have been using this site to over come, and ease my anxiety for almost a year now.. typically if I'm home, and I have a panic attack.. here it the first place I come, to read my symptoms and convince myself that I'm okay... I just now decided to register me a user name for some reason.. the thought never crossed my mind before now.

I have been having panic attacks for almost three years. this year has been the easiest of the three, so I hope I'm over coming my problem. Mostly what happens is I feel disconnected or cloudy, and soon after I develop a severe severe worry about something.. If its stormy out, I think a tornado's about to hit.. if I'm driving, I think I'm going to wreck, if nothing like that is apparent I just think I'm going to have a heart attack.

They started about 2 years after my mother and grandmother died, and it was also about a month after I got married. I was also using drugs pretty heavily during this period to cope.. after about a month of having the attacks I stopped all the drugs I was doing. Now it has been about 2 years since I've drank a drop of alcohol, and I have even cut caffine out of my diet.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm a slave to my own mind though, because I cant go out and have a drink when I have the desire, or miss out on other things because I have to "Keep my anxiety in check."

Anyway.. thats who I am, and that is my situation.

thanks for reading all this if you made it through.

marie1974
30-08-08, 23:33
hello and welcome to nmp, u will find loadsa support here and make new friends too. hugsxxxxx

feels_like_home
31-08-08, 01:54
Welcome! This is the first place I come when I am having a panic attack. Everyone here is so supportive and understanding.
Take care,
Michelle

kellie
31-08-08, 09:39
Hiya Wade :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Im sorry about the lose of your mother and your granny.
I cant imagine how hard that must have been for you :hugs: :hugs:
keep posting and talk to us about what ever you feel you need help with and we will help you as much as we can.

Take care :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
31-08-08, 17:07
Hi Wade

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

pooh
01-09-08, 02:49
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Southern_Belle
01-09-08, 19:21
Hi Wade,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support. I'm sorry about the loss of your Mother and Grandmother, a huge loss to lose both. I recently lost my Grandmother myself. I also live in North Carolina, great state! Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
01-09-08, 21:15
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs: