PDA

View Full Version : We beat 'Panic' everyday.

Horse
31-08-08, 11:12
It has just occured to me (as thick as I am) that most if not all of us on here actually conquer our panic or anxiety everyday.

None of us know how we are going to wake up everyday (if we're lucky enough to sleep). Our symptoms can be any where from our head to our toes.
We may not get out of bed, not go out, shake, sweat, tremble, have trouble breathing, pains in chest etc etc etc. But we get through, minute after minute, hour after hour, day by day. As far as I'm concerned, that's making it!!!

Therefore, perhaps we don't suffer anxiety after all, perhaps we just tolerate it! OK, some days are better, some are worse, but the thing is, we make it to fight another day.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever died from anxiety symptoms or panic attacks. I know at times it feels like we are going to die but how do we know, being as we've never died before?

As far as I'm concerned from now on, we don't suffer, we tolerate. We are strong enough to tolerate these symptoms everyday and night. We keep our head above water, OK, we may sink momentarily, but we still rise to the surface after a bit of coughing and spluttering. Some days we can't go on, but we do!

Anxiety can take away our freedom, control our life, ruin our relationships, make us feel that we are the only person in ther world and so alone.

But, it CANNOT take away our spirit. It CANNOT take away our heart, it can break it, but it CANNOT take it away.

We will live on, and on, tolerating but fighting together. Our strength is reinforced everyday by our symptoms, our anger and our determination at conquering our illness, no matter how long it takes. We may be drained physically, emotionally and spiritually but we will still be here tomorrow ready to fight on.

May Gods bless us all.

Take care.

Kevin.

lorac
31-08-08, 12:52
Hi Keven

I liked that post thank you.

Carol

feels_like_home
31-08-08, 13:40
What a positive way of looking at anxiety. Thanks for sharing.
Michelle

mandie
31-08-08, 15:00
Hi

I like this post to

love mandie x