PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon all

Sparky600
31-08-08, 16:09
I've been looking at this site over the last couple of weeks to help me get through a particularly bad patch in a particularly bad year. It's been really helpful so thought it was time to join.

So my bad year...started with suddenly developing pelvic and low back pain - since then I've seen gynaes, neuros, physios, osteos, an orthopaedic surgeon and multiple gps. They've found something called a syrinx in my neck (cyst like thing, 'orrible) and it might be causing some or all of my symptoms. I've had two lots of 2 months off work and came very close to being made redundant. Tomorrow I'm telling them I'm going to take redundancy - I've thought long and hard and I absolutely can't work anymore.

I've got a whole load of symptoms - the irritating thing being that the symptoms of this syrinx-thing and anxiety are very similar. Personally, I think a lot of my problems are related to the stress of all this as much as other medical stuff. My doctor's now given me citalopram which gave me a great day yesterday but back to normal today. Physically I have the symptoms of a panic attack all day every day - muscles aching, crying, hyper-ventilating, headaches, jaw pain, nausea etc etc.

God, I've spilled it all there haven't I? Was only going to say Hello (!). Thanks for reading. This site has been really helpful so far and prompted me to go to the doctor and say I need help with anxiety now. On Tuesday I need to say the medication's fine but I want to talk to someone too.

Ok, I'm off to scoot around the site a bit.

Best wishes to all

Sue

nomorepanic
31-08-08, 17:05
Hi Sue

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

pooh
01-09-08, 02:51
Hi and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

Southern_Belle
01-09-08, 19:24
Hi Sue,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

alexis
01-09-08, 21:06
Hi and welcome, you will get lots of advice here, and Im sure make lots of new friends, hope oyu found lots of useful info whilst scootingxxxx

milly jones
01-09-08, 21:09
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs: