PDA

View Full Version : costochondritis

cthechick84
31-08-08, 17:18
the dr said i have costochondritis inflamation in the cartilage in my breast bone which explains my chest pains, but what i cant understand is why is it in my left upper arm too?its really annoying and stiff and slightly painful i get pain in my shoulder bone (think its actually called collar bone i think)lol all dwn my shoulder and arm,whats going on? anybody had costochondritis or can help tell me what else could b wrong!!?i know anxiety makes my pain worse and heavy lifting but ive had this for over 3 months now.im gona ave to go bk to dr's and ask for a scan or somethink to check inside my chest and shoulder out as it dnt feel right.:wacko:

Mikke
03-09-08, 04:59
Could it be you are using your left arm differently as you have pains in your chest?

Similar things happens to me all the time. I often tear my intercostals muscles (the small finger-like muscles that ties my chest muscles into the ribcage) from hyperventilating. This leads to me sitting and working in strange positions not to make my chestpains worse, and it always makes other musclegroups more stressed, as the neck, my shoulders and my arms (which in turn starts to ache as well).

cthechick84
03-09-08, 15:33
oh thamks for the reply. since ive had this costo, and bad arm i have been using my left arm differently. and i also hold my baby in the other arm to rest my bad arm. so u cud b right about that cheers.i jus cant understand why im always in agony.im seeing dr tomoz.Cheers C.:hugs: xxx