PDA

View Full Version : Little red spots on my chest.

Grover
31-08-08, 18:36
I have a few little red spots (no bigger than a pin head) on my chest and stomach. They are kind of blood red in colour, a few are very slightly raised but none are itchy. I think I have had them for ages but I can't be 100% sure. Does anyone have similar or know what they are. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LeeBee
31-08-08, 20:59
If it's rough red bumps, not itchy, and you've had it for a while with no other symptoms of illness then it might be kerotosis pilaris

http://www.keratosispilaris.org/

I get it on my legs. It's harmless. I use pure coconut oil as a moisturiser rather than anything with mineral oil or petrochemicals in it, which can end up drying your skin out even more and making the keratosis feel worse. The coconut oil does help a bit but doesn't get rid of it.

However, as ever, if you're worried about it and want a proper diagnosis, it's best to get it checked by your GP.

jannnne
31-08-08, 22:05
Hello, I have little red spots on my chest too. The are like little blood spots I have about 5 and have had them for ages, had a my moles checked by a dermotologist on Friday and she made no comment on them so I am sure they are fine. Try not to worry x

countrygirl
31-08-08, 22:52
I have cherry angionomas which are completely harmless and look like tiny tiny little red cherries! They vary in size from pinheads to a few millimetres.

I have loads all over my body but unless they get large and really unsightly they won't remove them as they are harmless. Sometimes one of the larger ones of mine will peel off and I have normal skin underneath.