PDA

View Full Version : Hey.

DizzyDi
31-08-08, 18:57
Hi,
I am 18 and have just joined this fabulous site, and Im so glad I found it, it has already made me feel really understood and a bit better just from reading a couple of threads. I have been an anxious 'type' since forever really, and have always had a phobia of fainting, I have also always had a fear of panicking in situations where I feel I wont have any control over my situation ie on planes, in lifts, trapped in a crowd of people etc (being scared of being scared:blush: ) My panic attacks started to occur really frequently around 3 months ago when a dizzy condition I suffer from suddenly got a lot worse. My doctor hasnt been able to diagnose my dizzy and eventually has put it all down to panic. The dizzyness and other symptoms got a lot worse I couldnt stop the hundreds of worries filling my head making me feel like I was probably seriously ill. These panic attacks are becoming more and more frequent so I have found this site in the hope of using the info I find on here and self helping me way to feeling less anxious. My doctor has sent me to a local community group thingy (psychologist run it says but im unsure as to what it is) and has prescribed me some anti depressants. However Im not depressed so am not sure how much these will help.

Shall stop waffling now, Thanks for reading. x
Di x:emot-blink:

pooh
01-09-08, 02:44
Hi and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

nomorepanic
01-09-08, 20:48
Hi Di

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

byronhinson
01-09-08, 20:52
Welcome!

milly jones
02-09-08, 18:03
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs:

alexis
02-09-08, 23:55
Hi and welcome, glad you have found us, hope we can help, Im sure you will make lots of new friends on here.
xxx

Alisonj
03-09-08, 02:42
Welcome!

Southern_Belle
03-09-08, 16:33
Hi Di,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura