PDA

View Full Version : Help

emtem
31-08-08, 22:22
Hi,im new 2 the site and would really like some advice. I have been suffering from panic attacks and general feelings of anxiety for a few months now. I dont know why as i have always been quite upbeat and outgoing, iv had problems like most people and normally these dont affect my everyday life but im finding it harder to cope at the moment. None of my friends or family seem to understand so it would be a big help to talk to someone who has felt/been through the same.

Thanks,

Em :blush:

I thought i should explain a little bit more about how im feeling. Im anxious more or less all the time,always looking over my shoulder and fearing the worst. The panic attacks i have mainly come at night and i honestly feel like im going to die or at least be seriously hurt, after iv had 1 i cant sleep. At the moment im drinking nearly every night to help me get at least an hours sleep...i dont know how much longer i can go on like this! I have been to my doctor and have been put on betablockers but they dont help. Im too ashamed 2 go back again as last time the Dr made me feel like i was doing something wrong. Sorry for going on a bit but thought the best way to get advice is 2 let u know exactly what im feeling!

emmadawson
31-08-08, 22:33
Hi Emtem, I'm new too, but I know how you feel, I can't offer a great deal of advice as I can't seem to get a handle on things, but I do know what it's like feeling like no-one else understands and you end up feeling like you are very alone, I am lucky I can talk to my partner, but I worry I am wearing him and his ears out and I don't have anyone else who seems to totally get what i'm saying. When I hear myself talking about being panicky, or waking up at five every morning gripped with fear, I think I just sound mad and yet it's the reality of how I feel. Anyway, good luck and i hope you find support on here! Emma

pooh
01-09-08, 02:41
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

I know exactly about panic and what it does to you but drinking to allow you to sleep is one bad coping mechanism you have to ditch. Secondly you have to go back to the doctor ( can you see another one in your surgery)? beta blockers aren't gonna help for the levels of anxiety you are describing. If you are happy to take drug therapy then i reckon you need something very different.
There is lots of advice and information on the site and great support to be found too.

Pooh x

nomorepanic
01-09-08, 20:49
Hi Em

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

milly jones
02-09-08, 18:05
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs:

alexis
02-09-08, 23:53
Hi and welcome, glad you have found us, hope we can help, Im sure you will make lots of new friends on here.
xxx