PDA

View Full Version : seven days in and going insane with anxiety

dacer
01-09-08, 10:00
This is my seventh day on fluoxetine and my anxiety is sky high.

Did anyone else experience this initially and did you get through it????

going nuts
Dacer

lou77
01-10-08, 14:08
i felt the same,anxious and feeling sick, but its been a couple of weeks since i started my meds and feeling better now,still panic and feel anxious but not as bad as before or when i first started my meds. Stick with it x

Graz
05-10-08, 19:56
Hi dacer, it took me just over 2 weeks for the fluo to kick in for me. It's no miracle cure by any means as I still have anxiety problems but it's certainly made life more bearable- I can go on a bus or the train now without having thoughts about not getting on or jumping off early!

kitttykat
06-10-08, 16:10
Hi, I find that in the mornings before I take the fluoxetine I get really bad anxiety and panic also, but once I take the pill it's fine, I'm only two weeks in, am starting to feel better but hoping all the side effects will continue to wear off.

hoover
07-10-08, 10:58
hey,im on day 11 on 20mg and apart from a crazy lethargy,have also noticed i have been pretty anxious and displayed zero amounts of patience with anyone . The first 3/4 days I went on it I felt really calm and really hope that feeling comes back-apparently it gets worse before it gets better !

OldChris
09-10-08, 21:51
You need to give it 4 weeks - for me the effect was the same - anxiety worsened but i don't think that this is a chemical thing - i have always assumed that i was so wanting to feel better that when i woke not feeling better my anxiety got worse as "not even the pills are going to work on me"

I went back to the doctors after a week - he explained the timing effect and gave me some diazepam for "immediate help" - i didn't need it once i had the benefit of knowing what was going on - i gritted my teeth for a couple more weeks and started to feel better.

I hope that helps

Johnny P
11-10-08, 18:05
Hi Dacer,

I too am in the early stages of fluoxetine. My situation started 2006 when I had a serious panic / stress event and was prescribed citalopram which I took for a year. Although these helped they did not prevent the attacks although my general health improved and I could cope with my condition quite easily. I was off them for a year when I could cope no more and hence have started Fluoxetine. I am also attending group counselling and intend to start CBT.

I am determined to beat this monster and when I do everyone will be told how I did it.

Hope this helps

Johnny P

nicgrace
10-11-08, 13:27
Hi

I started taking Fluoxetine at the beginning of September this year and I am now contenplating increasing my dose from 20 to 40mg.

The first few weeks on Floxetine wasnt nice....my anxiety seemed higher and I had awful and worrying thoughts....but this passed.

I am still having anxiety that is interferring with my day to day.....I want to run away all the time from it (i.e home) but this cant be done.....I have only just had 5 weeks off work and my job is already insecure with the credit crunch etc.

One thing I would say to anyone is regular exercise....I have found swimming a big help.