PDA

View Full Version : Anaemia! Help please.

DizzyDi
01-09-08, 10:16
Im really scared that I am becoming anaemic, this terrifies me as I assume that if I was to become anaemic then I would pass out. I have been diagnosed with slight anaemia before (which I never passed out from by the way but still ...) and this was stopped by taking iron tablets. I then came off them and the blood test I had 10 weeks ago showed that my haemoglobin level is normal. However after having frequent heavy periods for 6-8 weeks I am really starting to worry. I am eating lots of fruit and veg and meat to try and boost my iron levels, but Im still terrified and am constantly checking my face in the mirror to see if its pale. This worry is made so much worse by the fact that I have a dizzy disorder that means I feel dizzy all the time, making me jump to conclusion (arrgh I feel dizzy I must be anaemic and going to collapse). I am sure that I have got a lot paler and that this is cause for concern. But I dont want to bother my doctor I feel silly, especially as I only went to see him about panic last week I dont want to bother him again. Plus I had another blood test 7 weeks ago and nothing out of the ordianary came up (that was for hormone levels tho). Should I be having a cow about this or am I just being obsessively paranoid? Any advice, thanks it would be much appreciated to put my mind at ease. x

Anxious_gal
01-09-08, 10:37
I'm a vegitarian, so i always make sure i take an iron tablet when i am on my period. but its also dangerous to take too much iron.