PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!!

LisaD
17-05-05, 15:55
Hi everyone,

Last night I slept with no sleeping pills!!!! For anyone who isn't familiar with my story, I am a relatively recent anxiety sufferer, and have been on sleeping pills for 4.5 months. My first attempt to get off the sleeping pills was a failure, and very traumatizing! However this time I decided to take it slower and try to taper over a month. Well, its been 2 weeks, and I'm done! Wasn't worried at all about it last night when I went to bed, and my boyfriends hacking cough (getting over a BAD cold/flu) did wake me up a few times, but I could get back to sleep. Yee haw...one more monkey off my back! Here's hoping that this continues, and that I'm able to stay off them for good!

lisa

PS. If anyone is thinking about weaning from sleeping pills, drop me a line, I accumulated quite a few tips/strategies that helped tremendously!

Meg
17-05-05, 16:09
Lisa,
Good for you..nice one

Please do post your tips under top tips maybe ... Then everyone can get the benefit of them

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
17-05-05, 16:16
Well done lisa,

its a great feeling isnt it, i was the same when i came off meds

good to hear you so positive
take care sleep tight lol

kairen x

seh1980
17-05-05, 16:48
Nice one Lisa - am very pleased for you!! :D

pips
17-05-05, 17:06
Congratulations Lisa Well Done You!

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

carlin
17-05-05, 19:01
Well done Lisa!

EmmaJane
17-05-05, 19:04
Well done Lisa, im on sleeping tablets, only take them, when I cant seem to get off to sleep now. Not very often at all. Hope you keep it up and sleep well.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

nomorepanic
17-05-05, 21:00
Great news

I am a terrible sleeper so I am researching it at the moment.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Nicola

sal
17-05-05, 22:37
Lisa

That is great news and i am so proud of you. Even with distrubance from your boyfriends cough you managed to get back to sleep.

That is a great step forward and a really positive result.

Well done you and i hope it carries on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
17-05-05, 22:52
Well done Lisa.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

LisaS
18-05-05, 16:18
well done lisa 2!!

what a complete relief!! big hug for you!!

maybe you should wear some earplugs to drown out the sound of your boyf coughing!! poor sod.

talk soon,
Lisa 1