PDA

View Full Version : Scared about going back to work

scaredbebek
01-09-08, 14:17
Hi

I had my first anxiety attack just over 2 wks ago while I was in the office. Since then I've had one more at home, and 2 more in the office. I left work last week as I was too nervous, agitated and have been off-work since. I've also been a lot calmer. I live alone and have few friends outside work. Today I rang the office and said I'd like to go back to work next week - my boss was very kind and supportive, but I'm terrified that the same thing will happen again and that the trigger is something to do with work. My GP has recommended I go for counselling but that won't start for weeks. I don't know what I'll do if I can't work.

Scared Bebek:weep:

pinkpiglet
01-09-08, 14:29
MY GOSH! you sound just like me. I'v just started work after 2 years at home with my baby. i am loving my job but the anxiety i was suffering as intensified and i'm havin trouble adjusting to my new surroundings and routine. luckily the girls i work with r great and its a relaxed environment. i too am waiting to see a councillor (or such as) referred by my doctor. in the meantime i av just bought a relaxation cd, bought a book on cognitive behaviour therapy and will talk to anyone (or anything) that will listen. i have been on fluoxetine for 3 week which as lifted the depression but still gettin intense anxiety.

Southern_Belle
01-09-08, 19:40
Hi Scared Bebek,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
01-09-08, 20:45
Hi Bebek

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

milly jones
01-09-08, 20:53
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs: