PDA

View Full Version : New here... =)

KaylaMarie
01-09-08, 16:30
Hi, My name is Kayla.

I am 18 years old and I have been dealing with panic attacks since I was 12. I do not take medicine for them, because I would rather learn how to control them on my own...though on rarre occasions I do take an Alprazolam, but only if my attack gets insanely bad. Only recently have I started going to a therepist for help.

I have a few triggers including...Any pain I get in my body...all of a sudden I believe that I am going to die. If my left arm hurts I feel like I may be having a heart attack...even though I know it is highly unlikely. Florescent lights in stores? I havent been to walmart in 6 years. That was where I got my first panic attack...uhm. If I read or talk about diseases, or people dying I start to get a panic attack. Anatomy class was a big "No". I dont want to know about my organs...it freaks me out.

When I was younger my mom refused to take me to a therepist because she said it was all in my head. She did take me to the hospital to find out what was wrong and after all the tests they said panic attacks, but that I would grow out of them. This was my Doctor...not a therepist

Anyhow, I just would like to be here and see that im not alone...I mean. I know other people have panic attacks...but It's just nice to talk to someone who knows what your going though..because I am kinda getting of the phrase "Stop worrying, you'll be fine."
--Kayla

Kelley30
01-09-08, 17:16
Hey Kayla, welcome to the site. Don't worry, you're not on your own at all, everybody on here know's exactly what you are going through and what you have been through. We are all here to help you through in any way we can, all you have to do is ask.
I myself am recovering and I have been trying to do it by myself, I'm getting there but still do have bad days, I'm here if you need any advice.

Take care hun
Kelley
xx

lorac
01-09-08, 17:48
Hi Kayla

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet many people on here who can understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol

KaylaMarie
01-09-08, 18:21
Thank you both for welcoming me.
I heard about this forum from another forum I am a member of, and I am really glad I did ^.^

Southern_Belle
01-09-08, 19:57
Hi Kayla,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you feel and you will get support. Glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

milly jones
01-09-08, 20:34
A wonderfully warm NMP welcome to you

Milly xxxx :hugs:

alexis
01-09-08, 20:38
Hi and welcome, you will get lots of advice here, and Im sure make lots of new friends, xxxx

nomorepanic
01-09-08, 20:44
Hi Kayla

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help