PDA

View Full Version : ADVICE NEEDED AGAIN!

loulou
17-05-05, 18:31
Hi All,

I recently had a well women check and all my blodds came back perfect but my ECG came back with some abnormalities they were a sinus Tachycardia (fast heart rate of 117 bpm) and I also have a slight mitral Valve prolapse) I've been refered to a cardiologists just to be on the safe side but obviously i'm now really worried especially having anxiety attacks cause i'm worried i'll put a strain on my heart and give my self heart attack. Meg I know your normally good with things like this so could you please explain it to me and tell me if its dangerous?

Sorry to keep being paranoid but i cant help it.

Lisa

Meg
17-05-05, 18:46
Mitral valve prolapse is just a leaky valve.

1 in 5 people get it and a minor one is no big deal at all. They are graded so if he said slight he means it or is leaving that to the cardiologist - and this in all likelyhood will be absolutely no problem to you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

EmmaJane
17-05-05, 18:49
Sorry cant give you advice here, but take care and I hope this gets sorted for you.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sal
17-05-05, 22:21
Hi Lisa

Hope Megs advice has made you feel more reassured and that you are okay under the circumstances

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

loulou
18-05-05, 08:48
Hi All,

Thank you for your replies I'm feeling much better now i've read Meg's reply. Thanks again

xx

Lisa

sal
18-05-05, 10:06
Hi Lisa

Pleased you are feeling a lot better after taking Megs advice.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

linjane
19-05-05, 07:11
Hi Lisa,
Hope you feel more reassured now. I worry about my heart all the time (I get ectopic heartbeats) and it is hard to accept that anything you have wrong won't harm you. Hang in there and try to stay positive. Easier said than done, I know.

Take care,
Love,
Linda.x

djvtech
25-09-08, 04:22
I have MVP (moderate regurgitation) and the left side of my heart is enlarged to compensate. Used to have aortic stenosis and tachecardia. I think tae kwondo might have been what fixed that. The only thing my doctor says is to not lift weights. And when lifting things, nothing over 50lbs because that will put strain on the heart. However he does advise to do aerobic exercises like running, so that is something you might want to start doing sometimes. It will strengthen your heart without putting pressure on it.

Just do a search, there is lot's of info, it is a very common condition.