PDA

View Full Version : Panicking at work!

thigrachet
02-09-08, 10:38
Hi everybody!
I am here at work and I am not panicking but I am feeling very weird! You know when you feel you are not there! My head is spinning and not in a good way! I feel a little out of breath and I feel that my hands and feet are cold! I think I am in a pre stage of panicking! I don’t know what to do!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
I just needed to take this off my chest! I really wish I did not have them!!
Buaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Cheers
T:weep:

Moo
02-09-08, 10:44
HI
Can you get outside for some fresh air? Or is there someone you can start a conversation with? Just talk about something random, like last nights telly, to fill your head with other thoughts. The more you think about panic, is just like giving it an invitation to come on in!
I'm not having the best day (thats why i'm on here now!) but thinking about your problem is making me forget mine!!!

Hope it goes
Love Moo

thigrachet
02-09-08, 11:02
Hi Moo!! i started to talk to a coleague so things are better now! but i still feela bit weird! air headed!! hehehe
Ah central london is rainning so much that i cant even go outside for some fresh air!
hehehe
Thanks for your help! and i hope you get better as well!

XX
T

bab
02-09-08, 11:05
Hi There
I get that all the time its horrrible - the worst anxiety symptom for me is the feeling wierd but if you remember its anxiety and do as moo says about distraction it should get better

lots of love

thigrachet
02-09-08, 13:24
ahhh
i just went for lunch! and i was walking in the street and i started to get vey anxious and i felt the floor swaing!! ahhhhhhhhhhh
im back here in the office now and i am eating in!! ahhhhhh
i cant take this anymore!!

gtrgrl3369
02-09-08, 13:42
Yesterday must have een the day for panic attacks at work. I also had one where I was lightheaeded and feeling like I was going to fall over. Must be Monday.

pinkpiglet
02-09-08, 14:15
It's that spaced out feeling that gets me! Wierd stuff isnt it? Like you're not really with it, then you start to breath awkwardly hence stopping oxygen getting to your brain, then the dizziness kicks in. Wham, the nxt thing you know u'r fighting off a panic attack. It's worse when this happens at work cos you cant exacltly go lie down in a dark room and breath it away. (unless you count the store cupboard and that wouldnt really be practical). I just have to try and switch off and regulate my breathing and hope it goes away. Trying to ignore anxiety is like tring to plait fog though.

gtrgrl3369
02-09-08, 14:44
Thats what gets me to, like I am in a fog and I cant breathe. Stress at work is the worst right now so it doesnt help. I get what my husband calls the marshmellow legs when I start to bounce or move wierd so I wont fall over. People at work know I get this so they try to help. I would rather crawl in bed though.:wacko:

Allye
02-09-08, 15:36
I am always worse at work which is where my PA started. The constant head fog, light headedness, not really feeling here.

I leave this job at the end of this month - hopefully will re-programme my brain