PDA

View Full Version : really weird ... is it part of the DP/DR?

lotus
18-05-05, 03:14
Sometimes my body feels extremely numb. When I touch a certain part of my body, I realize and I know that I'm touching my own self, but it doesn't feel like I'm touching myself. It's as if somehow my sensitivity has been greatly reduced. Sometimes the same thing happens when I touch objects. /Does that make any sense? I really don't know how to describe it./ Also, sometimes when I'm anxious, my body feels weird, I don't feel OK in my skin, and I feel an urge to touch or scratch some part of my body. [Duh!]
I was wondering whether this weird feeling is part of the DP/DR, I suspect it is, but I'm not sure.

lainey
18-05-05, 09:17
Hi Indie

I used to get numb patches on my body, I also used to get tingly patches that I wanted to scratch all the time.
All part of lovely Mr Anxiety!!

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
18-05-05, 11:20
I get that too Indie - just the anxiety!! :D

florence
18-05-05, 11:53
Hi Indie

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I was wondering whether this weird feeling is part of the DP/DR, I suspect it is, but I'm not sure. </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I believe it is part of it, I felt that way many times (not the urge to touch or scratch myself tho).
But I know exactly what you mean by "realizing " and "knowing" and not "feeling". Been there.
I agree with Sarah , just anxiety!
Regards.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Meg
18-05-05, 13:33
Numbness in arm (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2671)