PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone - I'm Johnny

Johnny
18-05-05, 11:26
I'm new to the forum and the site,
I got here via a newspaper cutting someone gave me by Henrietta Roussoulis about Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. (from the Independant on Sunday)
I've lived with Panic Attacks for nearly 20 years (I'm 34 this week) without "too much" bother (thanks mainly to Imodium), but a recent bout of gastroenteritis made them more frequent and troublesome and I've been struggling a bit to do the everyday things.
Rush hour is not my friend !
I've made a big decision to put a stop to my panic for good as of now.
I'm taking propranalol beta-blockers from my doctor (kind of nice but weird - where did those butterflies in my stomach go ?!?) and I'm starting hypnotherapy treatment in the next couple of days - I've had my initial consultation and I'm feeling very positive about starting treatment.
I'll check back in with how it's going !

Best Wishes to everyone aboard.

Johnny.

kirgray
18-05-05, 11:31
Hi Johnny

Well done on wanting to fight it, Ive suffered with panic since school Im 26, your not alone you can do it!!!.

Kirsty:D

kairen
18-05-05, 11:31
Hi Johhny

And welcome to the site, you will het lots of support here to help you along the way

take care

kairen x

florence
18-05-05, 11:43
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the site :).
Glad you feel positive about starting hypnotherapy, I too have hypnosis at the moment , had a few sessions already and find it beneficial, I have one session today at 1 pm. I really hope you 'll get lots of benefits from it.
All the best.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Sarah-Jane
18-05-05, 11:50
feeling positive is a huge milestone for you, wanting to get better rather than dwelling on being ill, well done for seekiing the help you need ...keep us posted with your progress xxxx

Love & Hugs from Sarah-Jane xxxx

Emmie
18-05-05, 12:18
Hi Johnny,
just wnated to wish you luck with the hypnotherapy. Please let me know how it goes because it is something i have considered myself but, being the cynic i am, never got round to giving it a go.
Take care and good luck with everything!

Em xxx

Meg
18-05-05, 13:06
Hello Johnny,

Welcome to the site.

I hope you have had a good hunt about on the home pages as well as on here for information..

So ...do your panics get triggered by an IBS type disorder or is it as a result of panic triggered by something else that you need the imodium ?

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Keep in touch.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

lainey
18-05-05, 13:16
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the forum.

Well done you for being so positive about the future, it will help you heaps.

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
18-05-05, 14:06
Welcome aboard Johnny!! :D

Johnny
18-05-05, 14:10
Hi Meg,

No IBS, Imodium just stops one symptom (bad stomach) which usually halts the "snowball" gaining momentum.

Thanks to everyone who's making me feel welcome !

Johnny.

buffybot
18-05-05, 15:27
Hello ( i am new to) see you around :)

sal
18-05-05, 16:17
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the site. Look forward to hearing how you are getting on and happy birthday for this week.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

pips
18-05-05, 18:04
Hi Johnny

A Big warm welcome to the site. I hope it helps you on your road to recovery!

Keep up that POSITIVE attitude thats ace! Good luck with the hypnotherapy and Happy Birthday for this week also!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

jill
18-05-05, 19:55
Hi Johnny.

WELCOME TO THE SITE.

LOVE JILLXX

nomorepanic
18-05-05, 19:57
Hi Johnny

A big welcome to the site and good to have you here.

I hope we can be of some help though you do sound quite positive which is great news and a big help.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Nicola

Karen
18-05-05, 21:58
Hi Johnny

Welcome to the forum.

Good luck for the hypnotherapy session tomorrow. I'm currently having hypnotherapy too and hope you find it helpful.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

pinkscrumpy
19-05-05, 08:06
hi johnny

welcome aboard let us know about the hypnotherepy.

MANDIE XX